2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

FF1F65F6-FAA5-4329-AC50-CD0320434D2C.gif

I mean, if you are going to tell a batter you are throwing him a curveball, maybe not hang it down the middle right?

F***ing idiot.
You're the idiot for this one, sorry lol. I agree that hanging that slider was horrible tho, but this wasn't what was happening. I will give you a pass though even though you're being loud for no reason because I know this was the prevailing notion, yet there's plenty of talk from pitchers who have indicated this is not the case.

Last edited:

Makes sense. Greinke is weird guy but he's not stupid :lol:

Even if what this guy is saying is 100% accurate, do you think the batter is standing in the box and is assuming thats what Greinke was doing? And then when he identifies curveball after seeing two fingers held up you dont think his eyes lit up?

I coach. I teach pitchers and catchers to have multiple sequences for runners on second too. But I dont have my pitcher hold up a finger(s) to tell the catcher what sequence to use. Its absurd for Major Leaguers to not have different signals than holding up fingers in the air.

You're the idiot for this one, sorry lol. I agree that hanging that curveball was horrible tho, but this wasn't what was happening. I will give you a pass though even though you're being loud for no reason because I know this was the prevailing notion, yet there's plenty of talk from pitchers who have indicated this is not the case.
Like I just illustrated in my previous post, pitchers and catchers are taught to have more elaborate signals than that. This is little league status. And again, what is the batter thinking in this situation? If you dont think a batter is more on alert for a possible curve after that (especially after Greinke has announced his pitches in the past), then I dont know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom