2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

A literal steal for the Indians. Sandy is a **** GM who's best move was getting lucky with Cespedes and Syndergaard.

Man

Fire Sandy Alderson

Jay Bruce for a 30th round pick player.. You've got to be kidding me

I know we'll have a chance to resign Bruce. It's clear that this trade profits Wilpons, not team. But a powerful hitter like Bruce, you just have to get a good package return

Basically Yankees offered two prospects on one condition. Mets just have to pay $5 mill left on Bruce's contract. Cleveland offered a pitcher who played at SS in his entire life plus they'll cover Bruce's contract mostly. Mets only have to pay $1 mill. I have nothing against Ryder Ryan. Jacob deGrom was like Ryder Ryan. A converted shortstop. Ryan looks promising. Maybe he can be Jansen type for us one day

So far, this is what I've got

CP1708
Proshares
Osh
JRS
Retro Baller
madj55
DSA
dland
Statis
Champ
eddie
macbk
Essential
JD617
RyGuy

All confirmed. I'm still reaching out to others. Need a total of 30, we are at 16 right now. Not bad for something that doesn't start for another few months. :lol:

I know we'll have a chance to resign Bruce. It's clear that this trade profits Wilpons, not team. But a powerful hitter like Bruce, you just have to get a good package return
I mean... When the deadline came and went and nobody was willing to give up anything for him, what did you expect to happen?

There was literally no chance you'd get anything worth a **** for him. He's OK. He's not great. And he's gone in 2 months.

Reports are the yankees didnt offer anything special

Cannot say I'm surprised

I mean... When the deadline came and went and nobody was willing to give up anything for him, what did you expect to happen?

There was literally no chance you'd get anything worth a **** for him. He's OK. He's not great. And he's gone in 2 months.

Meh, what would you do when your team's best hitter get traded for that kind of package?

There's no promise that we'll get Bruce back in the off-season. We'd probably have overpaid him to bring him back. Heck if we kept him and offered him the QO. If he didn't take the QO. The potential pick would be more valuable

Too what ifs. Anyways, I surfed about Ryan today. I can see why Mets liked him. Very raw just like we had deGrom

By the way, I already moved on from Bruce trade

My body is ready!!!
DG5aeZHXkAEateO.jpg

Meh, what would you do when your team's best hitter get traded for that kind of package?
If my team's best hitter is this version of Jay Bruce, I'd probably just rather they sold everything and started over. Cuz that's going nowhere fast.

There's little market for a feast or famine hitter that provides no value defensively or running bases.

He's basically been a replacement level player for 4 years now. Dudes all but washed.

If my team's best hitter is this version of Jay Bruce, I'd probably just rather they sold everything and started over. Cuz that's going nowhere fast.

There's little market for a feast or famine hitter that provides no value defensively or running bases.

He's basically been a replacement level player for 4 years now. Dudes all but washed.

Yeah, no way the Mets try to re-sign him. This isn't a similar situation like the Yanks & Chapman.

Are the Dodgers that good or is it some combination of schedule/luck?

It will be a damn shame if this Nats club isn't playing for a World Series ...

Back
Top Bottom