2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Crazy, can't imagine what this feels like for some fans, let alone leaving my man Donnie Baseball out there with a butter knife in a gunfight. U would think Miami wouldn't have a problem with money but i guess not.

Is it that fans just don't go to games or ownership just ain't got the $ at all ?

It’s a combination of different factors. By the time pro baseball came to South Florida by way of the Marlins in 93, most folks down here either rooted for the Braves, who were on TV all the time, or their hometown team if they were transplants. Another factor that hurts both Florida pro teams is the fact that so many of the classic, historic franchises hold their spring training here.

That said, the Marlins had great opportunities to build loyalty after both their title runs in 97 and 03. Instead ownership held fire sales shortly after each title. The new ballpark came way too late, and infamously at the local taxpayers’ expense (much to our chagrin).

Combine all these factors together and you get the low attendance, which in turn leads to this being a low revenue, low budget team (especially when compared to market size). The Marlins just never committed to winning like the Heat, the other young but popular franchise here, did.

Has Gallo started pitching or something? I don’t get it

LF and CF production Yankees have been bottom 5, and have nobody coming back to fix it.
Yankees problem this year has been hitting more than pitching even with the handful of meltdowns.

HR or bust mentality certainly isn’t helping them either I see. Watching the game on ESPN. Legit don’t move runners at all.

Last edited:

So far

Giants, Red Sox and Mets are working on it

E6xKgfGXsAgxxXa

^^^
Yeah, more has to be done for Minor Leaguer. MLB shady as hell for running things like that since the beginning.

Anyone watching this Nats game to see if Scherzer is pulled early??? :nerd:

Wait, the Yankees got the Rangers to pay this year's salaries of Gallo and Rodriguez as well? :lol:

that field is so awesome cant wait to tune in

i be playing in a sorta similar one in MLB The Show but balls be flying out that park lol

Back
Top Bottom