2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Dodgers picking up Grandy, eh?

Dodgers make deal for Mets OF Curtis Granderson
9:32 PM PT

The Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired veteran outfielder Curtis Grandersonfrom the New York Mets for cash considerations and a player to be named later, the teams announced on Friday.

Granderson will join the Dodgers amid his fourth season with the Mets and 13th season overall, after four seasons with the New York Yankees and five with the Detroit Tigers, who chose him in the third round of the 2002 draft out of the University of Illinois at Chicago.

"A little bitter sweet to do that," Granderson told SNY in a locker-room interview aired after the Mets' game Friday night, when asked about the pending trade. "But an opportunity to be able to go play in the postseason is exciting."

Granderson, hitting .228 with 19 home runs and 52 RBIs, becomes a solid option for an already-deep outfield that includes Joc Pederson in center, Yasiel Puig in right, and Chris Taylor and Cody Bellinger in left.

so granderson just got traded... it was cool seeing him in NY but he gets to play for a chip so not too bad

I don't care what it takes, O's gotta do everything in their power to sign Manny to an extension.

Also, sometimes the smallest of gestures goes the longest of ways.

My daughter is 5. As far as baseball, all she knows is Orioles. She loves the sport. I actually want to get her signed up for t-ball next season as she has a pretty good arm. Anyways, her first betta fish was named Manny Machado. Welp, Manny has gone on to to a better place as he was dropped into the sink with the disposal running when cleaning his tank a few years back LOL x SMH. Her new betta is Chris Davis...hate that fish. She's been obsessed with Machado as from a young age, I've been telling her that he's the best baseball player in DC/MD, etc. We went to the Nats/O's game at Nats park back in June and Jonathan Schoop walked over gave a big smile and waved to my daughter. From that moment on, Schoop has been her guy. That's all it took.

I don't care what it takes, O's gotta do everything in their power to sign Manny to an extension.

Also, sometimes the smallest of gestures goes the longest of ways.

My daughter is 5. As far as baseball, all she knows is Orioles. She loves the sport. I actually want to get her signed up for t-ball next season as she has a pretty good arm. Anyways, her first betta fish was named Manny Machado. Welp, Manny has gone on to to a better place as he was dropped into the sink with the disposal running when cleaning his tank a few years back LOL x SMH. Her new betta is Chris Davis...hate that fish. She's been obsessed with Machado as from a young age, I've been telling her that he's the best baseball player in DC/MD, etc. We went to the Nats/O's game at Nats park back in June and Jonathan Schoop walked over gave a big smile and waved to my daughter. From that moment on, Schoop has been her guy. That's all it took.

Double J's added to the ReDraft owners list.

Jewbacca as well.

Will @ everybody when we're completely set.

upload_2017-8-20_10-37-48.png

what is this BS :rofl:

MLB umpires end protest, will meet with commissioner Rob Manfred
8:43 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball umpires have ended their protest of what they called "abusive player behavior" after commissioner Rob Manfred offered to meet with their union's governing board.

Most umpires wore white wristbands during Saturday's games after Detroit Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler was fined but not suspended for his recent verbal tirade against ump Angel Hernandez. Kinsler said Tuesday that Hernandez is a bad umpire and "just needs to go away."

The World Umpires Association announced Sunday in a series of tweets that Manfred had proposed a meeting to discuss its concerns.

"To demonstrate our good faith, MLB Umpires will remove the protest white wrist bands pending the requested meeting," the organization posted on Twitter.

Kinsler was ejected by Hernandez last Monday in Texas after being called out on strikes. The next day, Kinsler sharply criticized Hernandez, saying the umpire was "messing" with games "blatantly."

"No, I'm surprised at how bad an umpire he is. ... I don't know how, for as many years he's been in the league, that he can be that bad. He needs to re-evaluate his career choice. He really does. Bottom line," Kinsler said.

Kinsler was fined, but the umpires' union felt he should have been suspended.

"The Office of the Commissioner's lenient treatment to abusive player behavior sends the wrong message to players and managers. It's 'open season' on umpires, and that's bad for the game," the WUA said in a release Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom