2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I think its just funny ppl get so attached to gestures/names as if it will completely ruin rooting for the actual players on the field
pachah1.png

Aint nobody going anywhere if/when these things get removed

I think its just funny ppl get so attached to gestures/names as if it will completely ruin rooting for the actual players on the field
pachah1.png

Aint nobody going anywhere if/when these things get removed
And in the long run no one will care.
No one cares the Atlanta hawks aren’t the blackhawks anymore and still use this logo from way back in the day
37BDBA65-BB20-43A7-B8B5-186E85EA5A0C.jpeg

no one cares that the golden state warriors don’t use these logos anymore and they even still got the exact same name
9BAFFCB7-B5AF-4C55-8AAC-07ECD1332198.jpeg

This is what I was getting at when I said they should change their name a fee months back. dland24 dland24

If Native American people are offended by the name, then fine. But I have found that an overwhelming majority of people who are outspoken about changing the name are white people, which I have no time for. If Natvie Americans want it changed, I am on board.

Would be curious if Greeks are offended by the team name Spartans. Are indo-Europeans offended by the team name Celtics? Like I said above, I get the Red Skins being offensive. But the Chiefs, Braves, Spartans, etc. are not derogatory. But again, if the actual people who fall into the category of the team names are upset by it, I am not opposed to changing them. I am opposed to white people telling others how they are supposed to feel.

Wish Bob the best. I wanted a change at manager but I respect the hell out of him and think he’s a good manager. Lot of talent down there, hope he gets them over the hump.

Expecting we promote Kotsay or Christianson.:sick: :smh:

If Native American people are offended by the name, then fine.

we went through this whole dance with the Washington football team and the Cleveland baseball team..

im black and nothing American.. but I realize Columbus and discover shh when he showed up in 1492

but as an outsider looking it, it seems to be the white people holding on to these offensive things and just don’t like being told what to do.. or being reminded of the atrocities people that look like them did

and given what they are trying to do with your education system and trying to remove anything that suggest the wrongs of their ancestors, kinda speaks to the point

And in the long run no one will care.
No one cares the Atlanta hawks aren’t the blackhawks anymore and still use this logo from way back in the day
37BDBA65-BB20-43A7-B8B5-186E85EA5A0C.jpeg

no one cares that the golden state warriors don’t use these logos anymore and they even still got the exact same name
9BAFFCB7-B5AF-4C55-8AAC-07ECD1332198.jpeg

1635511255467.jpeg

1635511272894.jpeg

1635511288508.jpeg

1635511305719.jpeg

1635511325097.jpeg

IATT IATT you should start a separate thread to have your discussion on this topic.

As for game 3 of the World Series, what do you guys think of tonight’s pitching matchup? Luis Garcia/Ian Anderson

IATT IATT you should start a separate thread to have your discussion on this topic.

technically there are 2

technically there are 2

Then take it over there, but this is the MLB Playoffs Thread and you’re in here talking about the WFT and posting old Stanford logos…

with regard to one of the teams playing in the World Series currently..

You haven’t contributed anything to the baseball discussion. Your posts are purely related to social issues which are covered in the threads you just brought up. So again, take your discussion over there.

You haven’t contributed anything to the baseball discussion. Your posts are purely related to social issues which are covered in the threads you just brought up. So again, take your discussion over there.

i have.. but I really don’t care about baseball anymore until the World Series and even that depends on who is playing it

for me, with baseball I’m glad whenever the Yankees catch an L, the Astros catch an L and hoping my team doesn’t do more dumb shh

but as with the chiefs, seeing thousands of white people do the chop makes me uncomfortable

Back
Top Bottom