2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Looks like we probably won’t get baseball until May at the earliest. Unless they’re bluffing. It sounds like the owners really don’t care for the April games in that the weather is usually crappy in most places and attendance is low and they were looking for a reason to delay the start to the season. Not sure how divided the owners are in terms of differing views between big market and small market.

But terrible optics all around. Especially with how funny in the light the owners looked 2 years ago during all the Covid negotiations.

Baseball owners are the worst in Major American Sports. Such an exciting season followed by the greed of these clowns. I hope they enjoy hosting RV and boat events in their empty *** stadiums for the foreseeable future...

What blows my mind is how it’s so many 9 to 5 type dudes who really don’t make much that stay boot licking the owners. It’s prevalent in a lot of these baseball related fb groups I’m in.

Talking about the owners take all the risks, they deserve all the profit as if MLB hasn’t signed some record breaking tv deals lately.

Mix that in with the typical resentment of professional athlete salaries from clowns who delusionally think that if player salaries were to suddenly go down, that would trickle down to them in the form of lower ticket prices and cheaper concessions.

I’m down for both Dodger and Mets games

I’ll be in NY once it warms up. I’ll post something in the thread here and see if it gets any interest. Hell I would even be down to do Yankee Stadium since there’s actual bars and stuff close by the stadium instead of ran down junkyards in Queens next to citi field.

As for the Dodger game. I should have a few heads lined up for that already, it’s just a matter of finding a day which works for everyone.

Baseball owners are the worst in Major American Sports.
False Dwight GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

see the NFL

MLB, namely Manfred and the owners he works for gotta realize that just because baseball was once “Americas Pastime” decades ago, it doesn’t mean that’s going to last forever. This isn’t the 1960’s where there’s kids listening to the World Series on the radio and going to the sandlot playing pickup games at parks regularly.

You mainly see kids playing basketball, football and soccer compared to baseball these days. All that goes beyond lockout related stuff. MLB sucks at marketing it’s top talent and promoting the sport. But that outdated idea that they can always rely on it being “Americas Pastime” is just tone deaf to me.

Manfred and these owners think the average casual fan is stupid and uninformed the way they’ve been trying to word and frame everything.

The sad thing is they’re probably right the way a lot of people eat their nonsense up.

Back
Top Bottom