2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Astros with the W tonight

tumblr_nubwjcHqUD1qdrcyyo2_250.gif

703 hwy 703 hwy jinx undefeated

The word is, depending on how Gm 4 goes, the Phillies may be wearing their Powder Blue throwbacks for the potential Gm 5 clincher! 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
Bryce would have been the NL MVP and eventual WS MVP. Crazy how you can see talent in HS sports and it actually pans out.

Last edited:
Bryce would have been the NL MVP and eventual WS MVP. Crazy how you can see talent in HS sports and it actually pans out.
I feel like baseball is one of the harder sports to see that unless the gifts/abilities are that obvious. Bryce was that good back then and it translated to the Bigs, that's not the case for a lot of prep guys. MiLB is tough as **** and folks have to be strong psychologically otherwise you'd be humbled and washed out quick before even reaching the Show.

I feel like baseball is one of the harder sports to see that unless the gifts/abilities are that obvious. Bryce was that good back then and it translated to the Bigs, that's not the case for a lot of prep guys. MiLB is tough as **** and folks have to be strong psychologically otherwise you'd be humbled and washed out quick before even reaching the Show.
this. baseball has a way higher percentage of top HS prospects that don't pan out than other major sports

My friends cousin is Sergio Santos. He was a damn stud coming out of HS. He was the starting SS for Mater Dei and got drafted in the first round by AZ but he never panned out as a SS but ended up making it as a reliever. Baseball is so hard to make it.

My friends cousin is Sergio Santos. He was a damn stud coming out of HS. He was the starting SS for Mater Dei and got drafted in the first round by AZ but he never panned out as a SS but ended up making it as a reliever. Baseball is so hard to make it.

Too funny - Santos and I never overlapped but I saw him around a few times.

I mean in OC/SD/LA this is a common occurrence - the saddest story is the dudes who don’t ever make it. My boy who made it to spring training 2x and just never was able to make the show in the regular season. Had to enter the real world at 32 with not a lot of money and no idea what to do/a 9-5 - gotta be tough to deal with.

Last edited:

I mean in OC/SD/LA this is a common occurrence - the saddest story is the dudes who don’t ever make it. My boy who made it to spring training 2x and just never was able to make the show in the regular season. Had to enter the real world at 32 with not a lot of money and no idea what to do/a 9-5 - gotta be tough to deal with.

Got a homie that got drafted by the Tigers. Never made it past AA.

He drives big rigs now and does some coaching on the side.

Still a good dude. He was never big headed about any of the process so seeing him have a regular job and still doing good isn't a surprise.

You didn’t hook him up at your Fortune 500 company?

Back
Top Bottom