2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Minny, Phx/Zona, Houston, Buffalo up there with Washington with the same sports failures. Cleveland at least got that NBA title 2 years ago
Rockets and Diamondbacks got titles for their cities so for me I wouldn’t have them on there. Buffalo only had one sports team so they’re almost guaranteed to be miserable. I’m a Sacramento Kings fan, I know :lol: and the Twins have two World Series titles under their belt. Atlanta on the other hand...I mean I know they got the ‘95 World Series but they won 14 straight division titles and only 1 World Series to show for it.

Did Kendrick do something to Dusty's daughter? Only 2 ABs the whole series. Can't be worse than Lind

My take:

Gio Gonzalez opened the door for all of this chaos. You need a steady hand in an elimination game. Gio is the exact opposite. Immediately, you could tell he was shaking in his retro 12 cleats. Drew Storen gets all the blame for the 2012 meltdown. Gio triggered that collapse too. The man is not built for big games. Too erratic and a total headcase.

Werth's misplay hurt. His defense has deteriorated over the years. Never really understood the fanfare for Werth.

Max coming out of the pen was a massive backfire. That inning snowballed quick.

Wieters had no business firing that ball to first. Gary Sanchez gets a lot of flak for his defense, Wieters is pretty bad himself.

Lobaton getting picked off was the cheese on the **** sandwich. Even for the Nats, that was unimaginable. Stand on the base like it's little league. You had to know the scouting report. Contreras loves to throw behind the runner. Wade Davis was on the ropes!

I'll be back on opening day for more.

I have only one request. When the Nats win the division next year by 20 games again, don't celebrate like mad men. Maybe a toast will suffice. These division titles are worthless if you can't advance in October.

Rockets and Diamondbacks got titles for their cities so for me I wouldn’t have them on there. Buffalo only had one sports team so they’re almost guaranteed to be miserable. I’m a Sacramento Kings fan, I know :lol: and the Twins have two World Series titles under their belt. Atlanta on the other hand...I mean I know they got the ‘95 World Series but they won 14 straight division titles and only 1 World Series to show for it.
I wasn't really counting all time success, more so recently (~past 2 decades). There was an article I read last year that ranked some of most depressing sports cities' franchises.
Buffalo has NHL and NFL. 0 rings.
SD has NFL and MLB. 0 rings. and they just lost the Chargers
Houston's only titles in the past 20 years are from their MLS and WNBA teams :sick:
ATL has had plenty of regular season success in their major sports, but only one ring overall to show for it.
Cincy is up there.
Minny is really bad when you consider they have all 4 major sports. No success in the past two decades.
Philly had the Phillies winning in 2008, but nothing else. And when their teams have been bad, they've been really bad.
Phx/Zona also has all 4 major sports but nothing to show for it other than the Dbacks in 2001.

Minny is really bad when you consider they have all 4 major sports. No success in the past two decades.

giphy.gif

There are 2 positives that came of this series.

Strasburg asserted himself as a big game pitcher. He looked possessed in the playoffs. Out to prove he's the best pitcher on the planet. Mission accomplished.

A star has been born. His name is Michael A Taylor. He's shown glimpses in the past, but had yet to figure it out. He seized the opportunity this year. In a lineup filled with big names - it was Taylor who was the best bat in the postseason.

Back
Top Bottom