2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Are there any toronto fans on here? I thought there was a blue jays fan in here when they were in the playoffs.

Manoah forgetting how to pitch is wild

They’re around here. They know what’s going on.

1686090462414.gif

We going to hold it against guys getting a payday or only if they’re leaving the Mets?

I don’t have an issue with what he did. I’ve said that plenty of times in this thread. It’s just that he did it for the money mostly not because he thinks he’s winning a chip in Texas. I respect honesty more in that regard.

Rangers in October would’ve been tough with deGrom. Sucks to see someone so great with terrible health fortune, hope he recovers well.

machado gotta be one of the least clutch hitters in the league. in the twenty or so games I been to, he never does anything when they’re down. only when they got the lead. up 4 and he'll smash a 3 run shot :lol:

Last edited:
machado gotta be one of the least clutch hitters in the league. in the twenty or so games I been to, he never does anything when they’re down. only when they got the lead. up 4 and he'll smash a 3 run shot :lol:
Paying him $350 mil to bat .230 :lol:

Incredibly sad.

Yea to act as if he doesn’t care and just wanted the money is nonsensical. He’s a ball player and wants to compete. I’m sure there were other factors than money that played a part in his decision. Hope he gets healed up and is able to get back out there next year.

Yea to act as if he doesn’t care and just wanted the money is nonsensical. He’s a ball player and wants to compete. I’m sure there were other factors than money that played a part in his decision. Hope he gets healed up and is able to get back out there next year.

Yea things are never black and white.

This might be the end of him tho. Idk. I would say good job to deGrom and his agent getting him paid.

The Mets tried to say he was injured two years ago? Maybe they were right? There’s so many layers to this.

But it’s still sad.

Of course it was about the money. It’s not by accident he went to Texas. He’s smart, he knows these injuries the past couple of years are bringing him closer to the end. He cashed out, I don’t blame him. It was the smart move. But don’t act like it wasn’t a financial decision. Same thing with Verlander and Scherzer. They came to NYC for the money. They’re old, injury issues. Cash out, smart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom