2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Rangers taking 2 just meant this series was going to go at least 6 and probably even 7. Now let's see if the DBacks show some heart or else Philly is gonna be getting some extra rest if they wrap em up in 4 or 5

giphy.gif

More than that, it feels like Astros now have the advantage
It feels like Rangers are much more dangerous with Carter and Taveras in the low part of the order, Carter moved from 9 to 7 to 5 to 3.
He might be the best hitter in that team but still, plugging him that deep in the lineup is strategic genius imo. Put him back

I hadn't seen him play until game 1 vs TB, by the end of the second game I'd seen 10AB's from him.
His plate appearances, it was clear right away this was not a streak....

Yesterday I heard Bobby Miller talking about him.
Said he was sent down for Rehab and it was clear Carter was not just the best on the team, on the field....but in the entire system.
God damn.
Then I peeked at his farm stats, holy ****.
Two years ago he was at the Prom, today.....playing meaningful ball and contributing at a very high level in October.
Does he ONLY play OF? Looks like you could plug him in at 3B (or anywehere)if you had to??????

I hadn't seen him play until game 1 vs TB, by the end of the second game I'd seen 10AB's from him.
His plate appearances, it was clear right away this was not a streak....

Yesterday I heard Bobby Miller talking about him.
Said he was sent down for Rehab and it was clear Carter was not just the best on the team, on the field....but in the entire system.
God damn.
Then I peeked at his farm stats, holy ****.
Two years ago he was at the Prom, today.....playing meaningful ball and contributing at a very high level in October.
Does he ONLY play OF? Looks like you could plug him in at 3B (or anywehere)if you had to??????
Strictly OF ... Primarily CF coming up, but Taveras has probably played well enough this season to hold that spot down, at least for now.

Carter/Taveras/Garcia probably gives them the best defensive OF in baseball.

And that's without talking about Wyatt Langford.

Back
Top Bottom