2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

IMG_9142.jpeg

Those underdog Mets….

:lol:

Mets' active 26-man payroll is $186 millions. So they have insane retained money; $87 millions

Do you want to know what's funny?

Not even people know that Marlins are actually the lowest active 26-man payroll team with $11.4 mill

I wouldn't bet against the yankees being right up there with the offer. Especially with possible deferred money being an option after what Ohtani signed.

:lol:

Mets' active 26-man payroll is $186 millions. So they have insane retained money; $87 millions

Do you want to know what's funny?

Not even people know that Marlins are actually the lowest active 26-man payroll team with $11.4 mill

All I’m saying is the Mets aren’t some underdogs bro.

You guys are supposed to be here the same way the Yankees are supposed to be here.

This should be the goal every year. Anything less is a failure. For both NY teams.

Of course the Mets are underdogs. They’re in the same city as one of the most successful sports teams ever. The Mets have 2 titles in 60+ years. They have had years of poor ownership. Only recently have they gotten an owner who really cares and puts his money up.

And, they started this season looking like the White Sox. The fact that they’re even in the postseason is almost a miracle.

Yanks have the history, the expectation and they’ve had the money. The Yanks teams that my father rooted for in the 70s (before Reggie) and in the 80’s were like the last real underdog or trash Yankees teams.

All I’m saying is the Mets aren’t some underdogs bro.

You guys are supposed to be here the same way the Yankees are supposed to be here.

This should be the goal every year. Anything less is a failure. For both NY teams.
Just because they have a high salary doesn’t mean they have great players 😂. A lot of that salary is dead money on average players past their prime.

Again, isn’t the majority of the dead money on Scherzer and Verlander?
100 or so of the 300+ is, they still have a high payroll. But aside from Lindor, I wouldn’t say anyone on here is a superstar or worth their salary

I mean Manea, Quintana and Severino are, but that’s what, 45m for 3 middle rotation guys? Pretty fair value.

and next year salary drops to 140m in total, so theoretically, they could have a classic Steinbrenner offseason and go out and get Soto, Burnes, Flaherty and someone else and be around their current salary and actually be a big dog on paper.

Back
Top Bottom