2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

A repeat of Game 1. Welp. Mets can’t shutout the Dodgers. If they can’t limit them to 2-3 runs, they’re cooked the rest of the series.

And they had several opportunities for big innings but the Dodgers staff has their number. Much like how they had Phillies number.

In what world did Mendoza really think Megill should pitch to Ohtani? Gave them the game by not going to a lefty.

Cant win games when no one throws strikes either. SMH.

There’s no timeline where Megill is a decent pitcher. Dude is garbage all the time. I think Mendoza put him in there because he was conceding and didn’t want to use anyone else. Game was over when Hernandez hit his HR. Score was only 4-0 but it didn’t matter, Mets didn’t score 💩.

4-0 is nothing for this team though. Bloop and a blast puts you back in the game. And we had many chances early. It’s disappointing to not get any runs in when we should’ve. Dodgers weren’t pitching that well.

Whatever, though, let’s shake it off, come out strong in the first inning again tonight and take the next 2 in NY.

IMG_2023.gif

Yeah pump the brakes on all this Dodgers Yankees talk....

Now if The Yankees win today, they are for sure in.

And all Dodger fans know...when we explode for 6 runs or more in a game, the next game we get shut out.

Could easily be a 2-2 series tonight and Mets could go back to LA up 3-2.

Which would be a huge problem because Dodgers would be throwing a bullpen game and they would be facing the guy that made them look stupid in game 2.

Long way to go.

I mean I get as a fan you don't want to hear it because of jinxes and all that. But as an outsider as of today it appears inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom