2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Today is Columbus Day. The Indians were eliminated today. If the Braves blow this and are eliminated, I am emptying the bank account on the Saints tonight.
DC doesn’t win in prime time, should empty it regardless.

Yankees vs Red Sox draw more viewers .

It's that simple.

That Indians/Astros series was meh.

My point, which wasn't really stated, was that MLB is constantly looking for new viewers. They feel the game isnt as popular with kids these days. What better way is there to try to grow the sport than by showcasing other talent to the masses? People will watch the Yankees Red Sox regardless of time of day. To me, the series turning out the way it did, is not really the point.

I know the Indians didnt show up, but that is a really fun team. Great young talent. Kids who dont normally get to see them play would love to watch Francisco Lindor play. Jose Ramirez is a stud too (yes I know he was Casperesque in the playoffs, but not the point). This series was loaded with great talent. Hell the first game of the series was Kluber vs. Verlander. Who wouldnt want to watch that? And obviously I dont have to mention Houston. That team is loaded with all stars and great young talent.

My point is just that MLB is constantly looking at ways to expand viewership. Deciding to put the NY/BOS series in primetime for every game of the series is not the way to do that IMO.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom