2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

DCYSsOBVwAAEolL.jpg

The L.A. Times is first to report that in December, the Hall of Fame's board of directors shut down Pete Rose's request to have his case reviewed and get become eligible for election.

“We feel it would be incongruous to be putting someone on a ballot that is otherwise banned from the game,” Hall of Fame president Jeff Idelson said.

The Cincinnati Reds will dedicate a statue of Pete Rose outside their ballpark Saturday. Charlie Hustle will be forever in bronze, depicted in a headfirst slide.

The Reds are throwing a block party to commemorate the occasion. If you’ve got a ticket to the game, you can witness a special ceremony for Rose inside the stadium, before the Reds play the Dodgers.

Ray Genco, the attorney for Rose, said he hoped the focus this weekend could be on the celebration of Rose, not whether the Hall of Fame might ever let him stand for election.

“Weekends like this show that special relationship fans have with Pete,” Genco said.

“We’ve engaged with the Hall of Fame and members of the board. At this point, they haven’t changed their rule, but I will continue to work for them to change the ‘Pete Rose rule,’ which would allow the baseball writers to vote on Pete.”

The Reds retired his number last year, and they inducted him into the team Hall of Fame.

Thames wins w/ walkoff for the 2nd night in a row.

His team rips his jersey off of him......that MF is swole AF

Oak scored 7runs on 7hits.

Redsox won't be catching NYY though.
No power bats.

Last edited:
I've watched probably more Brewers games this year than my own team, but since Braun went down I've cut back.

Tonight was the first full game I've watched since back in May and it was such a game to watch.

Those guys need to make the PS.
They remind me of the fun the Cubs were having last year or even the Killer B outfield for Boston last year, such good play.

Side note: And what has got into Cain? Dude watched a video on launch angles exit velocity or something.

Side note: My apologies for bagging on Maddon for putting Rizzo lead off. Still not sure it's right, but it's right right now, dude is cooking. I think he's hit one every night from leadoff since being moved (and had one called back or foul tonight after replay, still looked fair to me)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom