2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Not a stretch. They’ve owned the Giants this year.
We played them twice. Lost both series 2-1.

Our loss games came by a run or two but our wins by more than a few runs. (7-2 & 5-2)

Idk if I’d consider that “owning” us.

Edited for the fun ones at the party

Last edited:
Cardinals are a mediocre team that got insanely hot at the perfect time. I don’t think they’re legit WS contenders, but anything can happen in a one game setting
I wouldn't call them Mediocre at all.
Defense is ELITE as always.(without looking I'd wager $100 stating they lead the Majors in Fielding)
Pitching is more than Decent, definitely decent enough to win some games with SP/RPs with high GB% or above average BABIP.
They started the Season playing like the team they were built to be, and then went middle of the road somehow.
They are HOT right now, and have been hot, but I think current play is more indicative of who they really are.

9179063320606.png

Yeah it doesn't make much sense.

It's like Eahles (7-9) getting a home wild card game against the Seahawks (12-4) because they won their division or something. Just one of those things that could be changed for the better.

Making the play in a 3 game series makes the most sense to me. Every other series is 7 so playing 3 would be no biggie. Knock it out in 3 days.

I’m fine with it as is. But I think they should reseed the teams according to record when the season ends and have the two teams with the least amount of wins in each league play the 1 game playoff.

In this scenario, you’re still guaranteed a playoff spot if you win your division which keeps the incentive there to win your division. Even if you win a weak division with 85 wins or so. You’re just no longer guaranteed an automatic spot in the division series anymore.

I see it from the Dodger side that a potential 105 win team shouldn’t be playing a 1 or done wild card game. But I also see it from the Giants perspective as well (assuming they win the division). You bust your butt all year long to have the best record in baseball and ensure home field throughout the playoffs. Your potential reward for all that is the team with the second best record in baseball in a short series. That’s kinda a rough break for them as well.

Back
Top Bottom