2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Question, why did Roberts have Urias in the game?

Was watching SNF.

Isn't he likely to start one of the games in LA?

most likely for the lefty/lefty matchups vs Riley and Joc and to a lesser extent Albies (switch). Blow some innings from a starter take him out of his routine and lose the game. Dave Roberts.

most likely for the lefty/lefty matchups vs Riley and Joc and to a lesser extent Albies (switch). Blow some innings from a starter take him out of his routine and lose the game. Dave Roberts.
Still find it odd that they'd utilize the league's only 20-game winner this season in a situation like that. Keep him on ice till his start in LA imo.

Still find it odd that they'd utilize the league's only 20-game winner this season in a situation like that. Keep him on ice till his start in LA imo.

still had a lefty in the pen (Bruihl) even if he's some waiver wire rookie still a better option in the big picture. would've been a lot less pissed at him too lol.

418E3A2C-90EB-4C05-86CE-7C4AA075FC30.jpeg

Fun game, crazy I got caught on TV 😂 Go Braves

NLDS games, I understand. But an NLCS game at 2PM is such trash.

Manfred is a bum.
I am not defending the 2pm start time, but this is not a Manfred thing. I skipped work to go to a 1pm NLCS game in 2010 to watch Matt Cain shove the bats up the Phillies ***. It shouldn't be held during the day, but this isn't new.

I am not defending the 2pm start time, but this is not a Manfred thing. I skipped work to go to a 1pm NLCS game in 2010 to watch Matt Cain shove the bats up the Phillies ***. It shouldn't be held during the day, but this isn't new.
Yeah, I get it. But if they've been trying to 'gain viewership' you'd think at this point, MLB would not schedule NLCS games in the afternoon.

The 2pm west coast start time sucks. But the way it’s set up on the dates both playoff games are played. It’s lined up so both networks get an early game. The NLCS gets the early game Tuesday and it’s the ALCS’s turn on Wednesday. It’s just more of an inconvenience for west coast teams at home than anything.

If the ALCS goes 7 and the NLCS goes at least 6. It’ll be an early start for game 6 of the NLCS on Saturday as well.

Roy Halladay threw that Phillies-Reds NLDS no hitter in the afternoon. At least it started at 4pm CT, 2pm PT.

And being a division series, whatever.

I remember in 04 banging out of school to watch the ALDS vs. the Angels with the homies.

Back
Top Bottom