2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

MLB hates this thread…. :smh:

BE0BB35E-24CE-4935-A931-9D29B7D71A1E.gif

If we don't get Juan Soto. Preller has I heard at least 12 other deals in the works.

Most likely going to get Wilson Conteras and Ian Happ.

The Hader trade made me think when Zack Britton got traded to a particular team. Random thought, I know they probably don’t compare. He still around?

The Hader trade made me think when Zack Britton got traded to a particular team. Random thought, I know they probably don’t compare. He still around?
Britton recovering from Tommy John. Should be back late this month or September.

FZGV3baWAAAJU6h

Damage control by their front office. Listening to sports talk radio shows and the reports are saying how the Brewers fans are livid with Hader getting dealt to the Padres. Hader becomes a free agent after the 2023 season.

Milwaukee is a small market. They were not willing to extend Hader. They still have a young next closer in Devin Williams, Taylor Rogers contract is an expiring contract after this season, Dinelson Lamet is due for arbitration the next 2 years. Sad to see what happened to him with arm and elbow injuries the last 2 years.

Those can be altered by broadcast/inning etc

Yeah they got the green screens or rotating ads nowadays but those companies wouldn’t be anywhere near the angels if it weren’t for Shohei lol

Side note: if it’s a green screen ad, I wonder if that’s distracting to a pitcher

Yeah they got the green screens or rotating ads nowadays but those companies wouldn’t be anywhere near the angels if it weren’t for Shohei lol

Side note: if it’s a green screen ad, I wonder if that’s distracting to a pitcher
Honestly think when pitchers are up there, they're so zoned out and focused on the batter/game that they don't notice it haha. But yeah, those Japanese companies wouldn't be spending the ad $ with the Angels if not for Shohei. I wouldn't be surprised if the Angels hang on to him until next summer, both to give the team one more shot together AND to milk the Japanese media and ad money as long as possible...

Also:

Didn’t even give up Peraza in that deal. If Peraza is not traded by Tuesday, he needs some time at SS in the bigs.

Back
Top Bottom