2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Hilarious that all of a sudden people hate the playoff format once their team gets bounced

I heard Frank Isola yesterday blaming the format for the 100-game NL teams getting bounced. It’s absurd. If you can’t beat the Padres or the Phillies in a short series, you don’t deserve to be playing for a shot at the world series.

Hilarious that all of a sudden people hate the playoff format once their team gets bounced
fwiw a lot of people were critical of it before they even started. Having 5 days off after playing daily for 6 months isn't ideal for players. A day or two is great, five is just too much.

Dodgers got bounced but I love the new format. Teams knew it was coming, had time to prep, so ball tf out or go home. People rarely agree on new things being implemented, imagine the uproar when DH's were introduced back in the day, or the Wild Card concept overall LOL!

I heard Frank Isola yesterday blaming the format for the 100-game NL teams getting bounced. It’s absurd. If you can’t beat the Padres or the Phillies in a short series, you don’t deserve to be playing for a shot at the world series.

Agreed

I like the format

I think it's really stupid to blame the format just because the team gets bounced early

Look at the Padres and the Phillies. They played 162 games just like us. And they show up in the playoffs. And we didn't. It's on us, not the format

FB_IMG_1666115464765.jpg

Wow no way, look at all those Astros on there. They gotta be cheating right ?

katie-nolan-astros-cheat.gif

Everyone loves it when the NFL changes the playoff format to add more teams. Baseball is the only sport where it’s complained about

I'm all about winning for today and worry about tomorrow, but I think going Civale and making a bullpen game is the right move.

They've been lights out and are all rested.

If Civale can get 3 that's all we need.

You throw Shane out and guards win, they are doomed in Houston.
Tough spot. Shane doesn’t start then there might not be a trip to Houston :lol:. But like you said they’d be screwed next series.

Everyone loves it when the NFL changes the playoff format to add more teams. Baseball is the only sport where it’s complained about

I’m in a few baseball related Facebook groups. It’s so many get off my lawn older heads who complain about anything just to complain in those groups so it doesn’t surprise me. It’s dudes who don’t understand the business aspect of sports and want it to go back to the 1969-93 format where only 4 teams made the playoffs.

I don’t mind the extra playoff spots. There’s no need to be salty on my end because the team I like decided to crap the bed after a 111 win season. I’ve been hearing people complain about the time off. That’s a cop out to me as well. They only got 1 more day off than what the NL division winners got last year.

It’s ultimately on MLB teams to adjust and adapt and treat the regular season differently. I say it all the time. But the regular season doesn’t mean **** in baseball. Especially now with all the extra spots. In the NBA and NHL you’ll see the veteran teams and squads with championship experience take their foot off the gas at times and coast during the regular season even if it comes at expense of a few wins. They’re thinking being healthy and playoff ready more than racking up regular season accolades.

Since 1990, only 5 100+ win teams have won the World Series. That’s a pretty large sample size. Be good enough to hang around and get in, and build your squad to play in October.

Back
Top Bottom