2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Giants will be in the Ohtani sweepstakes till the very end.
i

Until they lose to the Mariners.

I think this is a real possibility tho.

I’m not familiar with how the Giants ownership moves tho.

I think this is a real possibility tho.

I’m not familiar with how the Giants ownership moves tho.

Giants ownership doesn’t move at all and always ends up the bridesmaid. Can never close the deal. That’s why the last free agent superstar signing was 30 years ago. They then rely on nostalgia and being cute to sell tickets. I’m so sick of those fans that actually buy into that crap. Giants need to give ohtani a blank check and I’ll gladly pay $25 for a beer

This was a great video. Damn, Koreans were pisseddddd.

That was incredible.

I hate that USA views it negatively, but that's on brand considering the country's overall global awareness.

All I can control is my self & my son, and we ate up every game that we could and loved the championship, result be damned.

That was incredible.

I hate that USA views it negatively, but that's on brand considering the country's overall global awareness.

All I can control is my self & my son, and we ate up every game that we could and loved the championship, result be damned.

Lars Nootbaar is going to make millions off of Japanese endorsements. He might be set for life already and he just started.

Kapler is gonna take him on an electric scooter ride around Japantown to seal the deal :pimp:

I always see kapler in the city. Dude almost ran me over last year along the embarcadero. He was riding his bike on the sidewalk and texting. wasn’t going that fast but had to tell him watch where he was going. They put in all these bike lanes down by that area and he wasn’t even using it. Lol.

Giants ownership doesn’t move at all and always ends up the bridesmaid. Can never close the deal. That’s why the last free agent superstar signing was 30 years ago. They then rely on nostalgia and being cute to sell tickets. I’m so sick of those fans that actually buy into that crap. Giants need to give ohtani a blank check and I’ll gladly pay $25 for a beer
Hey! Certain beers are now $9!

But seriously, Larry Baer came out and basically slapped the fanbase saying the fans aren't smart enough to understand the current moves the FO made and had to 'explain it' to them. He also said that Opening Day is "tracking to a sell out".

Dude, it will not be a full sellout. No one is going to pay those ticket prices frequently to watch this current lineup from April - July. Their current product sucks. Can't get excited for their farm because there are only a handful of prospects that are worth mentioning. Even with that report coming out yesterday on the Giants being one of the top teams in revenue in addition to their large 'cap' space is terrible. Ownership really seems 'Okay' with putting out a mediocre product and still make revenue.

I still believe that Farhan will be the scapegoat if the Giants have another terrible year. Majority-owner Charles Johnson will continue to be in the news for his political donations to MAGA/Qanon folks. Buster Posey being part of the management group isn't anything other than PR.

I swear if they give the same PC response as to why they couldn't go above and beyond for Ohtani, Imma be pissed.

Going to take my daughter to a game this year and that's it.

But seriously, Larry Baer came out and basically slapped the fanbase saying the fans aren't smart enough to understand the current moves the FO made and had to 'explain it' to them. He also said that Opening Day is "tracking to a sell out".

Dude, it will not be a full sellout. No one is going to pay those ticket prices frequently to watch this current lineup from April - July. Their current product sucks. Can't get excited for their farm because there are only a handful of prospects that are worth mentioning. Even with that report coming out yesterday on the Giants being one of the top teams in revenue in addition to their large 'cap' space is terrible. Ownership really seems 'Okay' with putting out a mediocre product and still make revenue.

I still believe that Farhan will be the scapegoat if the Giants have another terrible year. Majority-owner Charles Johnson will continue to be in the news for his political donations to MAGA/Qanon folks. Buster Posey being part of the management group isn't anything other than PR.

I swear if they give the same PC response as to why they couldn't go above and beyond for Ohtani, Imma be pissed.

you mean youre tired of the same old "kicking the tires" and "doing due diligence" lines every time the front office goes on knbr after losing out on a free agent?

i'm still going to opening day because everything about opening day is always exciting even though there's no expectations and ive only missed two home openers since the last year at candlestick. but if they come back 0-6 to start the season, im going to laugh.

Between my company giving me their luxury box and coworkers wanting to go when theyre team is in town, ill probably end up going to 10-15 games this year. but im all in for the a's opener next week to see ohtani.

Do we have a video game thread? I need about 2,000,000 stubs on MLB The Show and the stub farming sites are like 1/3rd the cost but idk if they are legit to use or how it works.

Youll get banned pretty sure using 3rd party

Just work the market its easy but time consuming

Also we do have a MLB the show thread just not as active but should pick up since game released today

Youll get banned pretty sure using 3rd party

Just work the market its easy but time consuming

Also we do have a MLB the show thread just not as active but should pick up since game released today

Early access for people who bought the Captain edition. The game official release date is on next Tuesday the 28th.

Giants were still somehow #2 in profit last year despite everything. Nothing is gonna change :lol:

Back
Top Bottom