2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

It’s the Skanks. It’s to be expected.

54az8n.jpg

save some of that tho, u got a big offseason to complain about :wink:

I don’t know what you guys expect.

The Yankees are still owned by the Steinbrenners. :lol:

They don’t actually care about the opinions of people from the Tri-State area.

passan keeps bringing up Soto and Phillies

i just cant see it they sure do have the talent and money but again i cant see it

Seeing Shohei's contract, wherever he goes is gonna look wild given that he's essentially a DH coming off 2 serious arm injuries.

Reactions: HIM
Just heard the Mets and Red Sox have said they're out of the Ohtani sweepstakes. He'll be a Dodger fa sure if that's true. Blue Jays or Cubs ain't matching their bread if the Dodgers really want him ...

Reports came out yesterday that if Ohtani signs with Toronto, Toronto would have to/look to trade Vlad and Bichette before the season. Why even sign there then if they're forced to lose solid pieces to their lineup :lol:. Would be like playing for the Angels all over again lol.

Reports came out yesterday that if Ohtani signs with Toronto, Toronto would have to/look to trade Vlad and Bichette before the season. Why even sign there then if they're forced to lose solid pieces to their lineup :lol:. Would be like playing for the Angels all over again lol.

This is why i say the Dodgers now. I've been sayin all along it would be the Mariners but i haven't heard them mentioned at all. The Cubs , unless they sign a couple players wouldn't make sense either for him. If the Angels did resign him that would be hilarious. We'll take Trout off their hands if thats the case to ease their pockets...

Seeing Shohei's contract, wherever he goes is gonna look wild given that he's essentially a DH coming off 2 serious arm injuries.

It really is a tricky situation. Do you pay him 50 mil in 2024, knowing he’s not going to pitch at all?

Do you commit to 10/500, not knowing how he will return?

The answer has to be yes, but I’m sure FOs are scared af right now :lol:

It really is a tricky situation. Do you pay him 50 mil in 2024, knowing he’s not going to pitch at all?

Do you commit to 10/500, not knowing how he will return?

The answer has to be yes, but I’m sure FOs are scared af right now :lol:

He's about to be on the wrong side of 30 also.

He's gonna get the bag regardless though. Just prob not as much as we would have pre-injury.

Reactions: HIM
Mets were out from the jump. He doesn’t want to come to NYC. He'll be a Dodger because the Padres are cooked. The Padres are Madres.

If he wants to win a WS in a 162-game season, the Dodgers are the wrong team to go to. SF or Texas makes more sense

Just heard the Mets and Red Sox have said they're out of the Ohtani sweepstakes. He'll be a Dodger fa sure if that's true. Blue Jays or Cubs ain't matching their bread if the Dodgers really want him ...

Rangers have supposedly turned to spending money elsewhere, too.

Gonna be the Dodgers or some surprise time getting goofy.

Part of that contract is paid for via ads though. Rosenthal made a good point earlier about how teams without a sponsor patch would eat after signing him, or how ones with their own RSN can recoup some of it back via international direct streaming packages.

I want to believe the Giants are in the mix still. Gotta believe Farhan is going to make a push to sign or put pressure on the Dodgers to match their max offer.

Back
Top Bottom