2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Don’t wanna see a salary cap salary cap just a convenient excuse for cheap owners to not invest. Not like they need an excuse some will do it anyway but don’t want it to be even more encouraged. Salary cap only hurts players earning potential and line owners pockets more.

Folks always ask how much LeBron or Steph would go for in an open market without cap restrictions, this is the closest we’ll get to finding out, outside international soccer players.

For players like Ohtani, Messi, Ronaldo, LeBron, it’s not just performance-based. Pro sports are an entertainment business, this signing helps elevate the Dodgers’ brand in a way very little things can; perhaps not even championships.

$700 mil :rolleyes

sorry , call me a hater whatever, he is not worth $350 as a pitcher. he won't even win a cy young in his career , 350 ! stop it ...

as a hitter, yeah but that much for his pitching ? c'mon man ....
This is where I'm at. He's coming off a second TJ too. That's a huge risk imo. No way he gets 10/350 if he's just a pitcher.

i'd be a hypocrite for some of the things i'm saying because i know my Yanks have played a good part with baseball heading down this road but that much money for a guy who'll most likely be just a DH in a couple yrs is ridiculous.
Someone who doesn’t fit in with the Yanks’ roster gets paid and now we’re talking about how ridiculous a contract is 😂

I thought it was bad with 500 million but didn't think it would be way over that... props to ohtani he is legit good player but that contact is crazy

Someone who doesn’t fit in with the Yanks’ roster gets paid and now we’re talking about how ridiculous a contract is 😂

If the Yanks paid him that I'd feel the exact same way maybe saltier cause i didn't want him anyway. I knew he was gonna cash in big time but like i said this contract was ridiculous. Whether he joined my team or not.

It’s not really ridiculous with all the deferred money. Plus it ain’t your money. Plus the Dodgers are printing money. Plus they’ll get it back and some w alll the Japanese fans and all the marketing money. A lot of y’all don’t understand that Ohtani is really show time. I saw him play multiple times at different stadiums last year, and every game was a sell out and an experience. He’s literally a cultural icon.

If the Yanks paid him that I'd feel the exact same way maybe saltier cause i didn't want him anyway. I knew he was gonna cash in big time but like i said this contract was ridiculous. Whether he joined my team or not.
He’s not a fit with that roster, so I’m actually glad y’all didn’t do the Yankees thing (overpaying for divas) and just try to money whip the biggest free agent to wear the stripes.

He’s not a fit with that roster, so I’m actually glad y’all didn’t do the Yankees thing (overpaying for divas) and just try to money whip the biggest free agent to wear the stripes.
Over the last decade or so this hasn’t been a Yankee thing though. The whole league has been handing out huge contracts. It’s funny when ppl say it’s just a Yankee thing though lol.

Yankees or Mets confirmed 😤

1702235788338.png

Back
Top Bottom