2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

^ he didnt want to come to NY period... yanks coulda offered 330 and he still woulda went to LA... like I said mets had the same offer as LA and he still chose them over the mets...sometimes money doesnt guarantee you anything... didnt judge get better offers from other teams last year in free agency and still resigned?

Right

He didn’t need the Yankees to drive up the price.

Steve Cohen already did that.

It was only between the Yankees and Dodgers. So in that ****ing case you match by any means and live with the results.

They didn’t match, hence they got cheap.
He was offered money upfront and an earlier opt out with the Yankees. He did not wanted to go to LA. Bottom line. They didn’t cheap out. This is not make or break. What they do from here is. Even if they signed him, they still had other moves they needed to make.

He was offered money upfront and an earlier opt out with the Yankees. He did not wanted to go to LA. Bottom line. They didn’t cheap out. This is not make or break. What they do from here is. Even if they signed him, they still had other moves they needed to make.

Yea I’m not trying to hear that.

You match it and make him say no.

I’ll tell youwhat the Yankees and Brian Cashman are going to do now…

Give Blake Snell a ridiculous offer.

And we’ll be here in 4 years talking about how Blake Snell is washed and the Yankees have another 3-4 years on his contract.

Has anyone projected a 31 yr old Snell to get an 8 year contract? I haven’t seen that.

There are trade targets out the like, Burnes, Cease, Bieber. Montgomery is also a free agent option.

Has anyone projected a 31 yr old Snell to get an 8 year contract? I haven’t seen that.

There are trade targets out the like, Burnes, Cease, Bieber. Montgomery is also a free agent option.
Trading Montgomery for Bader to then sign him for like $100M is wild and a fireable offense for most GMs.

Trading Montgomery for Bader to then sign him for like $100M is wild and a fireable offense for most GMs.
I didn’t like the move at the time, but they believed they were set with the rotation and CF was a need with Hicks never available. I mean you can look across the league and see plenty of bonehead moves.

I’ve said numerous times I was fine with him gone in this thread and the Yankee thread :lol:

IMG_3684.gif

Back
Top Bottom