2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

What in the Hell is going on with the Yankees?

IMG_0399.gif
Lineup has been terrible outside of Judge and Soto. Pitching has been subpar. Bullpen has had a bunch of injuries as well as the lineup. Just been bad.

Can’t really say this is on Boone. Unless we’re saying just fire him to fire somebody.

Most teams look to shed the manager when the talent is there but the results aren't. And that's pretty much his MO throughout his tenure. I think they'd both benefit from fresh starts.

Most teams look to shed the manager when the talent is there but the results aren't. And that's pretty much his MO throughout his tenure. I think they'd both benefit from fresh starts.
They’ve had terrible injury luck the last couple years and talent hasn’t really been there because of that. I mean during this stretch for example:

That’s with Stanton, Rizzo, Berti, and Stanton’s replacement Dominguez (who was absolutely crushing in Triple A) all out to injuries. I mean Boone can’t go up there and swing.

I think a lot of this is on Cashman, more so than, Boone. He relied on DJ being Mr automatic on base again, instead of the shell of himself he’s been for over a year now. He’s had Torres trade lined up for like two seasons now, hasn’t pulled the trigger, and now it’s not only his walk year but he’s played his trade value to the lowest it’s been.

After they missed out on Yamamoto, the word was Cashman was going to turn to the bullpen and load it up. He continued to add only one reliever. Now half the bullpen and Schmidt, who was one of best starters being out as well.

Boone is working with what he’s got at this point. If anyone has had more lives, it’s been Cashman.

They’ve had terrible injury luck the last couple years and talent hasn’t really been there because of that. I mean during this stretch for example:

That’s with Stanton, Rizzo, Berti, and Stanton’s replacement Dominguez (who was absolutely crushing in Triple A) all out to injuries. I mean Boone can’t go up there and swing.

I think a lot of this is on Cashman, more so than, Boone. He relied on DJ being Mr automatic on base again, instead of the shell of himself he’s been for over a year now. He’s had Torres trade lined up for like two seasons now, hasn’t pulled the trigger, and now it’s not only his walk year but he’s played his trade value to the lowest it’s been.

After they missed out on Yamamoto, the word was Cashman was going to turn to the bullpen and load it up. He continued to add only one reliever. Now half the bullpen and Schmidt, who was one of best starters being out as well.

Boone is working with what he’s got at this point. If anyone has had more lives, it’s been Cashman.

Yeah I agree Cashman deserves a lion's share of the blame too. But I feel like if it came down to him and Boone, Yankees brass would move on from Boone. I'm shocked they haven't tried to just get rid of Stanton at least. He still has like 3 or 4 years left on that contract.

Yeah I agree Cashman deserves a lion's share of the blame too. But I feel like if it came down to him and Boone, Yankees brass would move on from Boone. I'm shocked they haven't tried to just get rid of Stanton at least. He still has like 3 or 4 years left on that contract.
Yea I get that would probably be the move too but just feel Cashman gets too much of a pass after all these years. Stanton was at least hitting somewhat before the injury. Have a feeling they may try to move off of him before next season though.

Back
Top Bottom