2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I've stayed away from the MLB thread this year.
I wanted a new perspective and some different energy.
Excited to catch up on the 101pages or 330posts I've missed since Late March.
ASB the perfect time to get this in.

giphy.gif

But welcome back...

:lol: :smokin

Although I like Nike, they still suck for making their own versions of the uniforms for the MLB All-Star Game. I'll always like the old tradition of the players wearing their own team jerseys with the designated All-Star Game patch on the sleeves.

giphy.gif

But welcome back...

:lol: :smokin
Definitely wasn’t boredom stepping away.
I love baseball.
Last year was something else, it took a lot of restraint to be here most days and I got tired of exercising my Christlike nature. As I catch up I realize the temperature is completely different than last Season. Easy to see why.
I missed this place.

That big ogre goes 0-2, they replace him with Duran who immediately hits a 413-foot bomb. Great managerial move by Bochy there. :pimp:

You know what I mean. This is no disrespect to Duran or any of the reserves. It's just not what I want to see. I want to see the best of the best.

Chris Sale dropped out of the game. I wouldn't have had a problem with Sale starting over Skenes. He earned it.

My problem is taking out the star hitters and replacing them with the end of the roster hitters. I don't care if those end of the roster hitters are having great years. I grew up watching some All Stars not even get in, and the stars getting 3 at bats. That's what I miss. I don't need to see Jarren Duran have the same number of at bats as Aaron Judge. Miss me with that.
Yeah, leading vote-getters and top All Stars should get all their ABs, it’s what the people want to see.

Otherwise, it’s an exhibition game so insert a special rule that allows them to be brought back to pinch hit late in the game. It would add for drama, excitement, and of course controversy for folks to talk about for days later lol

Back
Top Bottom