2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I don't think "everyone" is actually throwing 100.

I heard somewhere that they changed the way they measure MPH on pitchers. Used to be when it crosses the plate, now it's when it releases out of their hands.

When did you hear this was changed? I coach and have owned a radar gun since 2002, and every one I have ever owned reads when the ball is released.

When did you hear this was changed? I coach and have owned a radar gun since 2002, and every one I have ever owned reads when the ball is released.

Not sure the "when". Nolan Ryan was the example, they were saying something like in today's measuring, he would be throwing 108 mph. (Out of his hand)

And I don't think they use radar guns these days, do they?

I don't think "everyone" is actually throwing 100.

I heard somewhere that they changed the way they measure MPH on pitchers. Used to be when it crosses the plate, now it's when it releases out of their hands.
Angels closer threw a pitch at “106 mph” the other night, which I said there is no ****en way!

Not sure the "when". Nolan Ryan was the example, they were saying something like in today's measuring, he would be throwing 108 mph. (Out of his hand)

And I don't think they use radar guns these days, do they?

Yeah I am not really sure if they do or dont. As of a couple years ago they still had a gun positioned behind homeplate at San Francisco, but I dont know.

thumb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom