2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Damn near gotta drop $500 to get a decent seat at Yankee stadium smh

Why don't more people talk about the Red Sox buying teams?

As someone who is not a fan involved in that rivalry, I will tell you that I always thought that the "they buy their championships" line describes the Red Sox more than the Yankees. It is so odd to me. Growing up, the common belief was thr Yankees bought their titles. But that really was never backed up with facts. The first championship you could make a decent argument about was purchased was 2009...but the narrative existed a decade before that one.

Probably because the Yankees were getting FAs and winning World Series as the “evil empire” while the Red Sox were still cursed underdogs. And the narrative never went away.

Edit: actually not just FAs but just having big name stars and winning the division every year

As for “buying championships”...always through my the phrase was flawed. It doesn’t work. But the Yanks and Sox sure have tried over the years. Sox are trying and doing it stupidly. They’re buying just to buy.

But you can’t argue the homegrown talent isn’t there as well. Same with the WS teams. Good mix as a whole.

Why don't more people talk about the Red Sox buying teams?

Bc it rarely pans out for them. Countless winters we've seem them spend spend spend, and it goes nowhere.

Not mad about that tho :lol: :pimp: .

Last edited:
Whenever someone brings up the Yankees buying their rings I just say look at the core players, most of which came up in the farm system.

As for “buying championships”...Sox sure have tried over the years. Sox are trying and doing it stupidly. They’re buying just to buy.

k0pjl.gif

Back
Top Bottom