2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Brandon Crawford the best SS in baseball? :lol:
He's not even the best SS in his own division.

Machado, Lindor, Correa, Seager, Simmons are all better than Crawford.

Lol lol
Only guy on that list better is Correa
Machado and Seagar are over rated
Simmons and Lindor? Lol

In what way is Brandon Crawford better than any of those guys?
All of those guys are superior offensive players, are younger, and either have a higher career WAR or single season WAR (or both). Simmons is probably a marginally worse offensive player than Crawford, but doesn't strike out, and is the best defensive SS in the game.

I remember that dummy who knocked Brandon Crawford for having the worst year of his career..the same year his sister in law died suddenly.

Best SS in baseball. Going to be the best all around SS in Giants modern history.
3743085-5192479523-Micha.gif

Has anyone dug up what exactly Chris Bosio said?

Not doubting it, but wondering if maybe Detroit was eager to put Rick Anderson in that position given that he's always been Gardy's pitching coach.

Wasn't Bosio in high regard as a pitching coach?

Edit: Saw a headline somewhere it was a racist rant, but no details.

As a Giants fan, can't make an argument for Crawford being the best SS.
The argument you can only make is that he’s having the best season so far in the NL
The whole league though? Nah. There are five SS that are having a better season than Crawford in the AL.

Not doubting it, but wondering if maybe Detroit was eager to put Rick Anderson in that position given that he's always been Gardy's pitching coach.

Racist comment towards a team employee...

that's all I can find.

If/When Dave Martinez fails w/ the Nats, the first guy I'd look at as a replacement is Jayson Werth. No joke.

Gardenhire gets Rick Anderson back at the helm where they can quickly get get their pitch-to-contact philosophy back in business :lol:

In the last four seasons Anderson was pitching coach at Minnesota his staff had the fewest total strikeouts in MLB, and had 501 less than the next-to-last team in that span.

dland24 dland24 get your mans. making your fanbase look straight silly

My "mans" has been on ignore for years. Had to unblock for a minute to see what you guys were referring to.

Brandon Crawford is not the best shortstop in the National League. Brandon Crawford, to this point, is having the best year out of any shortstop in the National League.

That should be as far as it goes. At one point, before the Seagers and Turners got into the NL, you could make the argument that he was. He was the silver slugger and gold glover. But that has long since past when the new blood got into the league. Its possible that he will again be the silver slugger and gold glover, but I would never call him the best in the NL at this point. Best year, sure. But thats it.

Racist comment towards a team employee...

that's all I can find.

Yeah from what I'm hearing with my family who is very very close with several Cubs players, he's been labeled a racist in that clubhouse prior to his exit.
Nobody could stand him. I'm sure I'll know by today what exactly he said.

Back
Top Bottom