2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

if kyler fizzles out in the nfl, does he have to re-enter the draft or do the a's still own his rights?
i read he isn't obligated to return the $4.6M signing bonus, but his agent scott boras might just pay it if he decides not to return it. that would be another story :lol:

seems like he really wants to play football and that is where his heart is. a's gambled on letting him play that year at oklahoma and he flourished and now is a likely 1st rd picked. they probably just wanted him to get it out of his system and if he "failed" baseball was a no-brainer

Phililes need to wait a year and hand mike trout a blank check to fill out :lol:

Screenshot_20190115-131358_ABC7NY_1547576046201.jpg

:smh: unbelievable ...

if kyler fizzles out in the nfl, does he have to re-enter the draft or do the a's still own his rights?
i read he isn't obligated to return the $4.6M signing bonus, but his agent scott boras might just pay it if he decides not to return it. that would be another story :lol:

seems like he really wants to play football and that is where his heart is. a's gambled on letting him play that year at oklahoma and he flourished and now is a likely 1st rd picked. they probably just wanted him to get it out of his system and if he "failed" baseball was a no-brainer

Phililes need to wait a year and hand mike trout a blank check to fill out :lol:

A’s still own his rights I believe.

Listening to Jim Bowden on Espn 1000 Chi now regarding Manny / Bryce

Cliff notes:

- Nats have the biggest offer to Bryce at 300M and should be considered the front runner for him as Philly hasn't offered anything to him as of yet and he spoke with their reps last night.
- Manny's biggest offer is with the White Sox at 7 years for 210
- Manny is stalling because his wife is calling the shots and wants to end up in NY; She has put it in his head that if he doesn't sign a long term deal with them (Which the Yankees are not going to do) then approach the Yankees / Dodgers on a 2 year 70-80 mil dollar deal and reach FA again at age 28 in 2 years in hopes that they would take that.
- Bryce might be in line with that mindset as well as signing a short deal and trying this again in 2 years.
- Says Bryce is motivated to sign a deal that trumps the Stanton deal and the reason he hasn't gotten that is what's holding this up
- Not many people are interested in Manny for reasons he put on himself down the stretch
- The Cubs never engaged with Bryce / Manny / AJ Pollack etc any of the coveted FA's; their cash woes are real but are hoping to improve within with better health from Darvish / KB etc Still thinks they are team to beat in NL Central and a top 2 team in the NL overall if healthy (I would agree)

Ricketts will be on the David Kaplan show on ESPN Chi 1000 tomorrow morning to discuss everything Cubs including the teams cap situation and how they are handcuff financially, most of that is due to the Wrigley renovations and the improvements they made surrounding the ball park.

I'll def be listening.

Last edited:
I've literally seen 175, 200, 210, 250 these last few days. So which is it? No idea who to believe.

But you have to think that if 175 is the best offer from the White Sox, Yankees and Phils surely can top that

I've literally seen 175, 200, 210, 250 these last few days. So which is it? No idea who to believe.

But you have to think that if 175 is the best offer from the White Sox, Yankees and Phils surely can top that

half the damn league can top that offer lol

to many speculations and rumors in the off season. i cant keep up or maybe i always look to deep into things

6 days until 2019 HOF class is announced.
Ballots reported so far:

hbehvcktyleaamugz1tz.png

Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds should always have the exact same percentage. The fact that Clemens has a higher number than Bonds is ridiculous (yes I know its a small percentage higher, but my point remains). There is literally zero logical argument one could make that one deserves it over the other. Its simply whether or not these holier than thou voters want to punish the two of them or not. How someone can vote for one and not the other is so dumb.

You can def tell which writer's are pushing out info for which side (Agent / Teams)

I'm a just tap out of this. Whatever happens happens. It's too much back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom