2023 NFL Draft Thread: Rounds 4-7 4/29

College football fans, aren’t you also a little suspect of Richardson’s accuracy? Never above 60%, was 53% last year in his first year with a lot of time.

His athleticism is unmatched so I wish he could also pinpoint it, because well, that’d be unstoppable.

College football fans, aren’t you also a little suspect of Richardson’s accuracy? Never above 60%, was 53% last year in his first year with a lot of time.

His athleticism is unmatched so I wish he could also pinpoint it, because well, that’d be unstoppable.
As a UF fan, Richardson is legit the hardest QB to make a conclusion on.

He didn't get his first TD pass until the 4th game of the season and had two 0 TD, 2 INT games in the first 3 weeks.

But from Week 4 til the end of the season, he never had a single mutli INT game and had a 17 TD, 5 INT run.

He has 2 games where he legit has single digit QBR. Then on the flip side he has 4 games with a 90+ QBR, including a game with a perfect 100.

However, with accuracy, of his lowest completion percentage games, 4 of his 5 lowest came against ranked teams, which isn't a good look.

I'm more of a college football fan than NFL fan and I've watched a lot of Anthony Richardson. I can understand the draft type purely because of his athleticism but he's legitimately not a very good quarterback. For every "wow" play he makes He makes three bad plays. You can perfectly drop a dime between two defenders and the very next playthrough a ball 5 yards over a receiver's head.

On top of this, he's not getting better as a decision maker. Case in point:

Anthony Richardson through the exact same pick 6 against the exact same coverage 2 years in a row. The Kentucky defender even said he baited Anthony Richardson because he knew he would throw it because he saw it on film

Screenshot_20230302-185549.png

Josh Allen is going to get a lot of these big, athletic but raw prospect drafted very highly. If you remember, Josh Allen was an inaccurate, poor decision maker at Wyoming but inexplicably turned into one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. NFL teams feel as though they can take a player with raw tools and fix them.

Yeah I want him to be it, but it's just missing that decision-making, every single week it felt like he never got there... so I was surprised he's as high as he is. I could see end of first, early 2nd, but now we're talking Top 5.

I think Richardson has the physical tools to be a Top 5 talent.

I also think he would be better suited and have have more success if he was drafted in the mid to late 1st round. He would have the opportunity to land on a team with stability, more talent surrounding him and could let him sit and learn for 2 years.

The best thing for Richardson's long-term development would have been going back to college for another year and developing his game. Hopefully he gets drafted into a situation where he can sit behind a veteran quarterback because if you thrust him into the starting position, I think you'll be looking at a Zach Wilson situation where he's basically out of the league in 2-3 years

That being said, I totally understand why he entered the draft. I have the same advice for raw NBA prospects: If you're going to be drafted in the first round, you should always enter the draft. Richardson can't really raise his draft stock by going back to college because next draft he will have to compete with Drake May and Caleb Williams.

Will Anderson didn’t look quick or fast….

Scouts gone have to be reliant on his tape. He didn’t look fast during his 40. At 250, he should’ve been ran 4.50 - 4.6. He ran basically a 4.7

I don’t think its a weak class. I think defense and offensive line got some good players here.

But this class is definitely missing those top tier talents at the offensive playmaking positions (WR’s/RB’s/QB’s).

But this class is definitely missing those top tier talents at the offensive playmaking positions (WR’s/RB’s/QB’s).

I agree on the WR part

but disagree on the RB and QB part.. people have just devalued the RB position which is going cost 2 guys who typically would have gone in the first to drop.. bijan still goes first

weak draft for WRs and LBs at the top though.. also don’t have that 1 stud prototype safety

I agree on the WR part

but disagree on the RB and QB part.. people have just devalued the RB position which is going cost 2 guys who typically would have gone in the first to drop.. bijan still goes first

weak draft for WRs and LBs at the top though.. also don’t have that 1 stud prototype safety

I know we got potentially 4 QB’s going early here…but IMO Will Levis and Anthony Richardson should not be going top 10 here. I think they skyrocketed up the boards because of the lack of depth in this class and teams being desperate for a QB - Texans, Colts, Raiders, Panthers, Jets, and potentially the Seahawks and Falcons.

And the free agency class is Derek Carr. Baker Mayfield. Jacoby Brisett. Etc…

The demand is hella outweighing the supply this year.

With that said…I ain’t mad if the Raiders grab Richardson at 7 if CJ is gone :lol: :lol:

I know we got potentially 4 QB’s going early here…but IMO Will Levis and Anthony Richardson should not be going top 10 here. I think they skyrocketed up the boards because of the lack of depth in this class and teams being desperate for a QB - Texans, Colts, Raiders, Panthers, Jets, and potentially the Seahawks and Falcons.

And the free agency class is Derek Carr. Baker Mayfield. Jacoby Brisett. Etc…

The demand is hella outweighing the supply this year.

With that said…I ain’t mad if the Raiders grab Richardson at 7 if CJ is gone :lol: :lol:

i look at Levis as the same mold as wentz, those types always end up top half of the 1st

zero clue where Richardson actually ends up, but you can’t teach what he does have

but having 2 legit top 15 guys is still better than most

gotta go look at some of these QB draft classes.. like ej Manuel going before geno smith

hell the hyped dudes from Trevor Lawrence class looking funny in the light now that we looking back at it

This is like me saying I’m studying Warren Buffet’s investment strategy

B11FF60C-082A-4E4E-8CBF-BE18FFD84444.jpeg

Throwing to Devante, Waller and Renfrow. With the leagues leading rusher in the backfield.

and possibly the most mid to terrible HC :smh:

Back
Top Bottom