2023 Official MLB Season Thread

The teams have been around their teammates for weeks with minimal positive results. It sounds like a few Marlin players were careless and it's having its impact. A season is/was possible, if everyone was responsible, but now it comes down to how much did this spread.

Highest ratings they've ever had, they're not ending the season. Two games cancelled and everyone else is playing. NHL just had zero positive tests.

Manfred might place a harsh punishment. Fine players or fire players or coaches. Of course some players were gonna get infected but this was just careless and could have been avoided. They're not ending this because a coach and management knew and let them play while testing positive.

I really think you need to enforce masks, think it would make a big difference.

Contract the Marlins :stoneface: at least bar them from playing this season
Exactly this.
Marlins aren't making any noise.
Isn't FLORIDA the hotspot anyway? This is one team of Dirties, if it was 8 teams instead of 8 players on one team I could see the PANIC.
PLAY BALL

I hope some players and coaches speak out, especially from the Phillies. I would be HOT if you're out here playing after positive tests. I still can't believe this stupid ****. Other sports around the world gotta be laughing at us.

IMO I think this was inevitable for MLB. They went with the short term approach and it's already backfiring on them. Unfortunately I doubt this will be the last outbreak we see.

I also doubt they cancel the season unless a bunch of stars opt out and even then I can see a lot of replacement players playing out the rest of the season.

They were just around a bunch of Phillies players, how do we know they don’t end up testing positive soon as well? Plus Phillies gonna have to find a new ball park to play in for the next couple weeks cuz I’m sure no one feels comfortable going inside that visitor’s locking room. I don’t mean to be that guy but this is a mess 😂

They were just around a bunch of Phillies players, how do we know they don’t end up testing positive soon as well? Plus Phillies gonna have to find a new ball park to play in for the next couple weeks cuz I’m sure no one feels comfortable going inside that visitor’s locking room. I don’t mean to be that guy but this is a mess 😂

Phillies players were already tested and are waiting for results.

They said they're cleaning the **** out of the stadium all day.

These rich, young bastards aren't even in a bubble. They're drinking and smashing Covid Thots after games. This was inevitable. They're going to have to cancel the season if more teams and games go down. Playing sports during a pandemic without at least some sort of Bubble is foolish. And even the Bubble isn't foolproof.

Doesn't it take 10-14 days to quarantine? So the Phillies are gonna postpone a couple games and then start playing again? :lol:

This season is a wrap :smh:

We censoring posts in team threads now? LOL. OK fine, I will post it in here.

The Dodgers should be ashamed of themselves for splitting with a AAA team.

Have to credit the Giants for looking competent in Game 3 and 4. Don't know what the hell Dave Roberts was thinking by not utilizing any of his LH bats off the bench late in the game last night.

never not a good time for this:

CoordinatedBrownGodwit-size_restricted.gif

bonus:

Have to credit the Giants for looking competent in Game 3 and 4. Don't know what the hell Dave Roberts was thinking by not utilizing any of his LH bats off the bench late in the game last night.

I feel like it’s been known he’s one of the worst managers in the game. No idea how he kept his job after the nats series last year

Such a damn shame how the MLB has handled all of this.

not being snarky, legit asking a question here: didn't the players vote against a bubble? I heard that, and i'm assuming it's not the whole truth. i wouldn't be shocked to hear that they were more or less forced down that path with some other negotiation points.

The bubble isn’t the problem with this situation. The problem is players tested positive and management thought they should still play. Like how ****in dumb can they be? This wouldn’t get out? This wouldn’t spread? Everyone that knew about this should be seriously fined and or fired. This stupidity could have happened in the bubble.

that's true. I guess I'm thinking that a central bubble where everyone was located would limit the ability of players to contract the virus to even begin with. You're totally right though. Even a bubble doesn't help if they disregard protocols regarding positive tests. MLB looking real stupid right now in light of the NBA/MLS plan relatively working.

america looking stupid as a whole when other countries leagues are up and running because they had a uniformed and central response.

Saw Cleveland and Chicago was postponed and figured that would seal the fate, but it was cause of rain. Phew...for now.

This whole thing from the start was a hot mess. Bad faith negotiation, passive aggressive wars in the press, millionaires vs. billionaires. Then they throw us a bone and get their crap together, and now this. IDC who decided to play with positive tests players or front office, all these people are complicit. MLB Lockout Watch 2021 here we come, these dudes killing the game for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom