2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Damn, the Braves ain't no joke. I wonder if that series with the Giants burnt out the Dodgers or are the Braves are really that good?

let's see how good Cora really is. these last two games though...WOOF (especially the last 10 innings played)

I don’t have a problem if the Cobb County Braves win it…….

I just feel bad for Acuña for not being there….. :frown:

Hindsight is 20/20. But looking back I low key wish the Dodgers didn’t blow their load trying to chase the Giants for the division and prioritized getting healthy and finding their groove at some point in September when it was clear the Giants weren’t going to collapse. I know avoiding the wild card is big, but the Giants weren’t losing games.

All that playing catch up takes a toll after a while. I look at 93 when the Braves won 104 and had to fend off the 103 win Giants for the NL west before they added the wild card spot. They were burnt out come October and lost in 6 to a Phillies team they should’ve beat. Even if the Giants won that NLDS series, it wouldn’t surprise me if they would’ve had similar trouble against Atlanta. Maybe they benefit from home field advantage though.

100 plus win seasons are nice. But a lot of times it’s just a matter of getting in and playing good baseball come October. Hell the Braves didn’t go over .500 until early August. Granted they benefited from playing in a trash division which allowed them to hang around. But regular season isn’t the end all be all in a season which has 162 games.

It’s really not fair he can’t be apart of this man. Doesn’t feel right without him. Damn ACLs :smh:

It sucks, I love his game so much.

I almost want the Braves to lose just so he doesn’t miss out. But I can’t root for that. Better team should win.

The braves are really good but they would be even better with Acuna... it just sucks if they win the whole thing he will get a ring but it won't count kinda like Frank Thomas on the white sox

Chill… Let’s not mention that in here

Im having nightmares already :lol:

I highly doubt they blow it again. The Dodgers bullpen could be absolutely lights out tomorrow. Means nothing if the bats continue to be one dimensional and predictable. Even with Scherzer and Buehler potentially looming if it were to go back to Atlanta, there’s nothing the Dodgers bats have shown this series which makes me think they’re capable of putting 1 good game together, let alone 3.

They goofed in Atlanta in games 1 and 2 when both were there for the taking and minimum they should’ve got a split. Gave the Braves confidence and all sorts of momentum. Either way, they’ve came to play this series.

Braves are so freakin tough, can’t help but respect the team. Not just Acuña missing but Soroka too, can’t imagine how they’d be at full health. Still hoping the Dodgers pull through but ATL is tough.

Back
Top Bottom