2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I used to light up bobby miller but i just got no hit (3 inning games) back to back yesterday. I haven’t played since :lol:
I love facing him either heat or wait for off speed but right now my PCI will be on the opposite side of the plate or it’ll be right on and I’m late on everything

We have wildly different definitions of "elite." He's ok, not even elite, for 5 innings and then your bullpen gets taxed. He's averged 6 IP once in his entire career.
Part of that was his career(the healthy part) was spent with a team whi invented BP games and quite possibly blew a World Series by pulling the Elite SNELL in like the 4th inning of a game in a Series they were in control of, causing a ripple effect the Rays never recovered from.

Part of it is because he still can’t get out of his own way. The talent is there. He’s just not a smart pitcher, he’s pretty dumb or in a much nicer way, stubborn.

Part of that was his career(the healthy part) was spent with a team whi invented BP games and quite possibly blew a World Series by pulling the Elite SNELL in like the 4th inning of a game in a Series they were in control of, causing a ripple effect the Rays never recovered from.

Part of it is because he still can’t get out of his own way. The talent is there. He’s just not a smart pitcher, he’s pretty dumb or in a much nicer way, stubborn.
I'd be ok with saying he has the ability to be elite but saying he is an elite pitcher is just wrong imo. Good, not great, for 5 innings isn't elite.

The poster said he WAS elite. Was. Not is. Was. In 2018, he was the clear cut Cy Young and had an unbelievable season.

In what world is a 21-5 record with a 1.89 era, a 0.974 WHIP, a .178 BAA, and a 11.0 K per 9 in not elite?

You wanna call it a fluke, fine. But no matter how you slice it, Snell absolutely was an elite pitcher in 2018.

**EDIT** My bad. The original poster called him elite, and I only saw the post that replied with WAS. Yeah Snell is no where close to elite now.

Just trying to speak into existence

96327618-4D56-449F-81A7-D61650E43181.png

Sounds like the Astros, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Mets and Rays are all interested in him. According to the Athletic at least.

Back
Top Bottom