2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I knew he would go close to $1 Billion. And I’m glad Cohen didn’t play that game because he’s crazy enough and capable enough to do it.

$700 mil :rolleyes

sorry , call me a hater whatever, he is not worth $350 as a pitcher. he won't even win a cy young in his career , 350 ! stop it ...

as a hitter, yeah but that much for his pitching ? c'mon man ....

picking up his bi weekly check still ...

mqdefault.jpg

$700 mil :rolleyes

sorry , call me a hater whatever, he is not worth $350 as a pitcher. he won't even win a cy young in his career , 350 ! stop it ...

as a hitter, yeah but that much for his pitching ? c'mon man ....
I agree, I honestly don’t even see him pitching in a few years.

No one is worth that money with on-field production alone. With Shohei being the face of baseball the Dodgers will make a lot of it back with jerseys, stadium attendance and television.

big picture, this contract changes so many things that we're not even thinking about.

ticket prices will be unaffordable for a guy taking his family to a game, only the rich will have that privilege. to watch games you'll have to eventually purchase an app with a monthly fee to pay this guy. they'll be players, he's inspired, coming in 5 yrs doing what he's done (hitting and pitching) better and making $100 mil a yr and then what ? the regular working man who likes to crack a beer and watch a ballgame will be a thing of the past. six packs of Bordeaux and caviar from here on ...

big picture, this contract changes so many things that we're not even thinking about.

ticket prices will be unaffordable for a guy taking his family to a game, only the rich will have that privilege. to watch games you'll have to eventually purchase an app with a monthly fee to pay this guy. they'll be players, he's inspired, coming in 5 yrs doing what he's done (hitting and pitching) better and making $100 mil a yr and then what ? the regular working man who likes to crack a beer and watch a ballgame will be a thing of the past. six packs of Bordeaux and caviar from here on ...
Some guy on ig in the comments said beers at dodger stadium gonna be $200 now 😂😂

maybe this is the deal that is the tipping point for a salary cap

maybe this is the deal that is the tipping point for a salary cap

i'd be a hypocrite for some of the things i'm saying because i know my Yanks have played a good part with baseball heading down this road but that much money for a guy who'll most likely be just a DH in a couple yrs is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom