2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Dodgers would have to give up another contract or two, at that point is it even worth it???

That line up is not World Series worthy adding just Harper, they can’t afford anything else unless Harper takes a drastically back loaded contract.

I can’t see that happening.

Does Harper take a basketball KD/LBJ type contract? 2-3 years. maybe 4 year deal with an opt out after 3?

What would that money even look like?

Profar to A's is nice for them he was pretty dependable last year

Rangers prepping for 2022 with all these double A guys smh

"(Take a moment and think how different Rangers history would have been if, in 2012, the Rangers had bitten the bullet and dealt Profar to the Brewers for Zack Greinke. They wouldn’t have traded Kyle Hendricks that year for Ryan Dempster. They would have held off the A’s in the A.L. West, giving them three division titles in a row with a team that was positioned to go deep into the playoffs. They wouldn’t have felt pressured to make the Matt Garza deal in 2013. Without Profarwaiting in the wings, they wouldn’t have dumped Ian Kinsler for Prince Fielder after the 2013 season."

Verdugo now freed up and Harper in the OF damn... good get for the Reds tho

I am hearing the money for Harper isn't there ... He is looking at a Nationals offer for $30M a year for 10 or playing for the other Chicago ...

The Phillies are going to offer Manny $50M more than they are willing to give Harper and will be outbid by the Yankees most likely ...

The Dodgers are banking on Harper taking a 2 year deal which Boras wont accept ...

Source is a front office person in St. Louis . .

Daily BSB‏ @DailyBSB Dec 24
where will Bryce Harper sign?
DvMdTqLU8AAe0US.jpg

This stupid rumor is making it's rounds. I don't know how anyone believes anything from the New York Post

these rumors just put out so they throw even more $
would not be surprised if their agents put that out :lol:

these rumors just put out so they throw even more $
would not be surprised if their agents put that out :lol:
Exactly.

I'm at the point where I just want the Phils to throw the absolute bag at Harper and/or Machado. After some further thought, I do think one will end up in Philly because I don't think they will get the offer they want elsewhere

And if they simply don't wanna play here, that's fine. Let's prepare to bring Trout home next season

Dodgers can’t afford him.
Giants want him but they aren’t going down that route.
Doesn’t want to go to Philly.
New York doesn’t want him/perhaps can’t afford him

Washington makes most sense, he’ll probably 8-10 years at the original offer and be in LA by 2020-21

Back
Top Bottom