2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Since there have been Twins conversations in here recently, coupled with the fact that the conversation is picking up steam on twitter because he is getting his jersey retired on Saturday.....

Joe Mauer a Hall of Famer?

I followed Mauer his entire career, and was probably his biggest fan the first half of his career..... and to me he's fringe. It's going to be interesting to see.

Aside from Mauer, no catcher has ever won an AL batting title. He has three.

Negatives: Injuries derailed his career, he didn't play on TV much, he never won a single playoff game, and he lived and died on the simple grounder base hit no matter what the situation called for (not all will factor in voting, but it does not help).

His 2009 MVP season was absolutely insane. And he missed 25 games.

^I think Mauer is fringe too. His numbers and accolades look great for a catcher, however, he simply didnt catch much. I always tend to favor players who have MVPs when comparing individual greatness, so Mauer has that going for him. But I simply dont think his numbers are good enough when you factor in just how few games he has caught over his career.

Mauer is not a HOFer, in my opinion. He's hall of very good and a keystone player, but not the best of the very best.

Precedent says he probably makes it, but whatever.

....sooooooo since you came across that link, you now dont think he gets in?

giphy.gif

I literally wrote I think he gets in even BEFORE I found that link. The article confirmed my sentiment.

Really excited for this Phillies vs Braves series coming up tonight

Braves are hot hopefully we can cool them off

Really excited for this Phillies vs Braves series coming up tonight

Braves are hot hopefully we can cool them off

Thats gonna be a great series. We start a series with the Rangers tonight. I'll be at the Astros/Blue Jays game on Sunday for Fathers Day, will be my first game at Minuate Maid.

Thats gonna be a great series. We start a series with the Rangers tonight. I'll be at the Astros/Blue Jays game on Sunday for Fathers Day, will be my first game at Minuate Maid.

sounds like you bout to have an awesome sunday my man, enjoy!

its do or die time for the Phillies now check this out...all division games up until AS Break, going to see what this team is really about during this stretch

Why would the yankees trade for Lindor? ESPN is so trash.
I doubt the yanks trade for him.
The Mets should trade for him. He's better than Amed Rosario in every way. Better hitter, walks more, less errors, turns more double plays and steals more bases.

Since there have been Twins conversations in here recently, coupled with the fact that the conversation is picking up steam on twitter because he is getting his jersey retired on Saturday.....

Joe Mauer a Hall of Famer?

No, he's not a HOF'er. A great twin, but not hall worthy.

Edwin Diaz is awful.

He's starting to upset me. He's not pitching that many innings. Is he rusty and needs to pitch more? Because Mets brass is treating him like piece of fine china and only bringing him in on special occasions.

sounds like you bout to have an awesome sunday my man, enjoy!

its do or die time for the Phillies now check this out...all division games up until AS Break, going to see what this team is really about during this stretch

Heck yea man! My wife and I are taking our daughter to her first game.

You guys and the Braves both are looking really good this year. I'll prolly try to watch the game a little today.

My fantasy trade went through this morning. Figures I get two Machado HR's last night his final moment on my squad :lol: .

Familia doing familia things, 2 homeruns, a walk and a double in 1 inning.

We will never win with him on our staff

Back
Top Bottom