2023 Official MLB Season Thread

In 5 or so years when elite players are making $40-50M a year and Bryce is locked in at $25M, I bet a lot of you who are saying "Bryce/Boras won" will be drastically changing your tune.

Congrats to the Phillies. IMO, they are the clear winners here....not Bryce or Boras.

I see where you are going with this but I think it's up for debate.

I think RBIs are more debatable than wins, but they are close. RBIs are not a great statistical measure to judge hitters. They do matter, but not a ton.

I think RBIs are more debatable than wins, but they are close. RBIs are not a great statistical measure to judge hitters. They do matter, but not a ton.
No it ain’t. RBIs are an opportunistic stat. It matters so much on where you are batting in the lineup, park dimensions, and how well hitters ahead of you are on base. In terms of actual run creation it has little correlation

I’m glad the Harper saga is over. The Nats will be just fine without him. In fact, I think they will be a better team. It’s time for Victor Robles to flourish.

Mets still had a better offseason than the Phillies? mrdozo mrdozo

Yes.
The Phillies spent more $, got the sexier name, but the Mets have strengthened their weaknesses.

Our pitching staff has handled Harper decently throughout his career.

Im still picking the Mets to win the Pennant.

Attachments

• HARPER VS METS.PNG
    HARPER VS METS.PNG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
I'm not a regular jersey-wearer other than soccer nowadays.

Right there with you. I rock NBA 90s jerseys (Dan Majerle black Suns is a go to, as is my turquoise Grant Hill) in the summer at the beach/ pool.

Soccer jerseys are SO easy to pull off.

I see where you are going with this but I think it's up for debate.

What's the debate? It's dependent on players getting on base in front of the batter which is completely out of the batter's control.

Philadelphia ain't playing games man.... getting stars and making big moves in every sport. This Phillies team will be fun to watch. Reports are they are in on Keuchel still also but on a short term deal only. If they pull that off :wow:

What the hell? That cant be, if things keep going at this rate, more than half the league is going to be defunct!

Never owned a shirsey, never will. Nothing but authentics in my closet.

Yankees need Keuchel

I'll buy a Shirsey if I like the player but not enough to buy the jersey.

I need a yankees road jersey, though.

Looking at a Frank Thomas road grey as well.

I'm seriously waiting for the first player to sign a 1 billion dollar contract. Jesus Christ.

He’s a moron if that’s true lol boras screws his clients over. Only reason he didn’t take that four year deal would be boras selfish *** wanting the 330 mill for the commission. Common sense says two shorter deals in a row would’ve amounted to far more money.

Main thing was him wanting to stay with 1 team for the rest of his career

Never was going short term

Back
Top Bottom