2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Imagine losing 3 out of 4 in the playoffs and watching your 111 win season go down the drain:lol:
IMG_6146.jpeg

so this sweeper pitch is what we're gonna be hearing about for the next few months

it's like a cutter but with more horizontal break? seems like every other pitch call on PBP is a sweeper nowadays

so this sweeper pitch is what we're gonna be hearing about for the next few months

it's like a cutter but with more horizontal break? seems like every other pitch call on PBP is a sweeper nowadays

I dont get it, really. It's just a slider with less vertical break. Seen the pitch many many times before with pitchers that throw from the 3/4 and mostly the side arm slot. Great pitch, but nothing new, tbh. I guess it's rising in frequency? But that's just a repertoire thing. Pitchers just revising a slider for a new look to hitters, imo. Can't create the same spin rate without sticky stuff so it's back in circulation.

Last edited:
I dont get it, really. It's just a slider with less vertical break. Seen the pitch many many times before with pitchers that throw from the 3/4 and mostly the side arm slot. Great pitch, but nothing new, tbh. I guess it's rising in frequency? But that's just a repertoire thing. Pitchers just revising a slider for a new look to hitters, imo. Can't create the same spin rate without sticky stuff so it's back in circulation.

yes exactly sidearm and 3/4 angle pitchers throw a pitch with the same movement/location all the time but I suppose that's far from the norm.

baseball is weird in the sense that anything new or "abnormal" has to be treated as a novelty and beaten to death.

its beause Ohtani throws it and media is eating it up :lol:

he’s out. Glove gets the jersey after SS secures it. That is a crazy/bad luck for the runner/good luck for the SS bounce though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom