2023 Official MLB Season Thread

#HoesEcstatic
IMG_5292.gif

2024 we back :pimp: dynasty ain't over
I’m not an Astros fan, but I do live here in Houston and keep up with them quite a bit. The more I look at it and the roster, it may be ending.

Will they pony up the contract for Tucker?

Bregman is coming towards the end of his deal next year. He’s going to look for prob his max pay day.

Altuve will be 34 next year and in the last year of his deal. How much and how long is he signing for? I know he can be special, but Father Time is undefeated. Will be interested to see how they go about this.

Jose Abreu may have been kind of hot/warm at the plate this series, but he had his worse season of his career this season. He’ll be 37 at the start of next year and owed $40 mil. Not really moveable.

Brantley is probably gone.

Was this just a sophomore slump for Peña, or is this who he really is?

The rotation has its fair share of question marks.

This is an organization that hasn’t really spent a whole lot of money on bringing guys in/resigning their own players since Crane took over. They’ve preferred to use their farm to replenish the roster and to shop with. But that is now depleted. It’s also a front office that continues to shed members yearly that helped load the farm and develop their analytics.

Lots of questions.

I’m not an Astros fan, but I do live here in Houston and keep up with them quite a bit. The more I look at it and the roster, it may be ending.

Will they pony up the contract for Tucker?

Bregman is coming towards the end of his deal next year. He’s going to look for prob his max pay day.

Altuve will be 34 next year and in the last year of his deal. How much and how long is he signing for? I know he can be special, but Father Time is undefeated. Will be interested to see how they go about this.

Jose Abreu may have been kind of hot/warm at the plate this series, but he had his worse season of his career this season. He’ll be 37 at the start of next year and owed $40 mil. Not really moveable.

Brantley is probably gone.

Was this just a sophomore slump for Peña, or is this who he really is?

The rotation has its fair share of question marks.

This is an organization that hasn’t really spent a whole lot of money on bringing guys in/resigning their own players since Crane took over. They’ve preferred to use their farm to replenish the roster and to shop with. But that is now depleted. It’s also a front office that continues to shed members yearly that helped load the farm and develop their analytics.

Lots of questions.
Good post btw - all your points are valid and I don't really disagree with much. I just don't think THIS year is the end of the dynasty. There's definitely questions, but I think it's easy to look at it from a glass half-empty perspective since they just lost.

With their core still intact, their floor/ceiling is pretty high still for at least another 2 years IMO. Yainer is also promising and should be the everyday catcher when a new manager comes.

Last edited:
Congrats N41D N41D

You’ve believed since they got de Grom. Then he got injured. Crazy up and down year for the Rangers fanbase. Now you’re in the WS!

Rangers really have some heart man. I thought it was a wrap for them after the Altuve HR.

Phillies are winning tonight; the narrative going into the World Series will include how it's good to spend money and how dingers are dope, so get more players that can do so.

Back
Top Bottom