2023 Official MLB Season Thread

In all seriousness there is going to be more gambling stories like this over the next few years. Just wait until a fringe player gets in massive debt. Ippei is lucky 4.5million is pennies to Ohtani.

The house always wins… :smh:

I been waiting for this to drop in ALL sports.

MLB, NFL, NBA all pissed and moaned about gambling for decades. Literal, decades.

Then they all saw the money flowing and decided, "**** it, we want our cut" and thought nobody would get caught up? :lol:

This barely the beginning. More will come. And outrage will get loud. And nothing will change. It's the war on drugs, but sports betting.

What do you guys expect to happen? If this is only the beginning, what will the peak look like? Players betting on live spreads during the game?

Ohtani deferred all that money because he can’t trust himself with all that cash. ****ing degenerate.

Didn’t Ohtani recently out of nowhere get married too?

Trying to cover it up with his good guy family man image?

200.gif

got DraftKings, PrizePicks, BetMGM and now ESPNBet and the odds all up on the tv screens what do they expect

None of the major sports leagues can complain.

They’re literally giving us FanDuel spread updates during the game now.

You can’t complain while being the main culprit for creating this culture.

Guys.....draftkings, fanduel, etc. couldnt have less relevance to players gambling, Pete Rose, etc. Gambling can be encouraged for fans, but it is the cardinal sin of sports for players/managers. You two are the homies, but lets try to use some logic for a minute. Gambling will never be ok for players or coaches, regardless of what "culture" is created for fans.

Guys.....draftkings, fanduel, etc. couldnt have less relevance to players gambling, Pete Rose, etc. Gambling can be encouraged for fans, but it is the cardinal sin of sports for players/managers. You two are the homies, but lets try to use some logic for a minute. Gambling will never be ok for players or coaches, regardless of what "culture" is created for fans.

I get it.

I’m just saying don’t expect friends and family of these athletes to abide by these laws.

People want to deny it but players at the collegiate level and Pro level are all gambling on sports. It’s just being covered up to a certain extent. It’s obvious. Everyone isn’t getting NIL money like that to offset it.

I get what you're saying and you're definitely correct, but sports gambling creeping its way into the mainstream nationwide and being actively promoted by the leagues blurs that stigma IMO. Imagine these rookies coming in the league the next few years that came up with these apps everywhere, NFL combine gonna need a class on "don't eff it up by gambling".

Most athletes seem to have common sense to not gamble, but the list has been growing over the last few years. Especially in college.

Shohei should've slapped some sense into his boy :smh:

I get it.

I’m just saying don’t expect friends and family of these athletes to abide by these laws.

Family and Friends might not abide by these laws regardless if any of the legal books are associated with MLB in terms of sponsorship/marketing though.

Back
Top Bottom