2023 SAG-AFTRA/Writer's Strike (WGA) Thread | IT'S OVER!

So this is really more about lower level actors worrying about being replaced by AI, than pay?

So this is really more about lower level actors worrying about being replaced by AI, than pay?

A lot of it has to do with (lack of) residuals from streaming.

The studios are refusing to give up their streaming numbers.

A lot of it has to do with (lack of) residuals from streaming.

The studios are refusing to give up their streaming numbers.
From my understanding, correct me if Im wrong, everyone doesn't get residuals. Like, if you had the "juice", you could work it into your contract but if you didnt, you just took the one time payment. So no EVERYONE, including Barista #2 wants residuals?

Im trying to find a reason to back them up here, but this all seem super first world.

What does he mean by not realistic? I get that he is obviously talking about $, but what are they expecting that he deems unreasonable?

I hate that these seem to always come to the "I don't wanna hear these rich people whine about not making more money" conversations. If they didn't have a union they would just be getting absolutely ****ed without scrutiny by the owners and executives of these studios. It is a shame that the concept of a unionized group of employees organizing to collectively raise their compensation and working conditions is so foreign to so much of the working class. **** every executive and billionaire.

Back
Top Bottom