2024 NBA Draft Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE JULY 6TH

He's not. Same wingspan but 30 pounds lighter.

Hasn't displayed close to the same kind of shooting potential that JJJ had/has.

Should be a 5.

Ideally he's a 5, at least until he adds weight. Will be a 4 with spot small ball minutes at the 5 for his first three or so years easily.

Different skillset, but Wiseman is clearly a 5 and was bigger than both, but he looks much smaller on an NBA court.

JJJ looks tiny too.

Mobley will be good down the line, but he'll be getting rag-dolled his first year or two in the league.

With what? Would need to get lucky and have their own pick land in top 4. 20% chance.

Their own pick wherever it lands. Package it with one of the future 20 picks they have. Throw in a role or young player too. I think they have the assets.

Word...some of those future picks from the Lakers and Bucks are some of the most valuable assets in the NBA right now.

Kira Lewis, NAW, and a 2024 second is definitely enough to move into the top 4.

Yea sure if you put it that way it doesnt make sense.

Their own 2021 pick, unprotected 2022 pick, and Kira Lewis works though.

Their own pick wherever it lands. Package it with one of the future 20 picks they have. Throw in a role or young player too. I think they have the assets.
Unless they are putting Ingram on the table or something, they have ZERO chance of trading up to #2 if their own pick doesn't land top 4. Nobody cares about those future Lakers/Bucks picks and none of their other young guys are anything special.

Even if they do land in the top 4 they probably still couldn't convince whatever team gets the 2nd pick that they should trade back.

Trade ups at the top just don't really happen often.

Scottie Barnes and Moses Moody also with the 6+ inch difference in height w/shoes and wingspan.

Holistically, think it matters. If you’re short then what’s that wingspan standing reach look like. Of course, pairing it with what we see on tape.

Yes. I’m not dismissing it, just not getting geeked over wingspans. If you can’t play dead it doesn’t matter. And it really doesn’t matter for point guards.

It's certainly not the main reason I'd draft someone, but I do think it's really important for certain prospects. It's how someone like Marcus Smart for instance, who is 6'3" but has a 6'9" wingspan can be a 4 position defender. Or how Draymond can still be effective in the paint defensively as a 6'6" dude with a 7'1" wingspan.

Obviously still have to actually be good at end of the day too.

It's certainly not the main reason I'd draft someone, but I do think it's really important for certain prospects. It's how someone like Marcus Smart for instance, who is 6'3" but has a 6'9" wingspan can be a 4 position defender. Or how Draymond can still be effective in the paint defensively as a 6'6" dude with a 7'1" wingspan.

of course. PJ Tucker has a +4 on his wingspan which seems about average for an NBA player. He’s a great defender because he’s a great defender.

really it’s not just measurements. Not too pumped over the athletic testing either. All 40 inch verticals aren’t created equally

Can someone explain the variance with Jalen Johnson on these mocks? Is it basically just some writers don't like how he left Duke?

Seems like a top 10 talent to me. Are people really clamoring to draft someone like Davion Mitchell, who is about to turn 23 and had one good season of shooting under his belt, over a 19 year old 6'10" athlete with playmaking potential?

Seeing him in the 20s in some mocks just seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

Poor man's Royce White

had issues in HS / IMG Duke wasn't his first

Back
Top Bottom