2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

Moses Moody: 14-41 (34.1% FG), 3-13 from 3pt (23.1%) so far in the tournament.

Context: A lot of that is this game and last game - he’s been pretty bad the last 2 games, and he may have one half left in his college career for GMs.

11 years ago, James Harden didn’t have a good tournament, yeah. That example will forever have staying power, clearly.

Moody has NBA size, shot well from three this year, and just pointing out he hadn’t in the last couple of games is not saying he’ll be a bust. It’s part of the evaluation.

Jaylen Brown **** the bed against Hawaii and he's alright now. I get assessing tournament play as value but sometimes it's not the end all be all.

The tournament doesn’t help determine a NBA career at all, but we have hundreds of examples of ways it has helped prospect’s draft stocks, specifically, when they’ve played well in the tournament (Tyus, Dekker, Hield, Patrick O’Bryant, Denzel Valentine, Jarrett Culver, etc. off the top).

It’s an opportunity that Moody should love to capitalize on because GM’s are dumb and will talk themselves into good performances.

The tournament doesn’t help determine a NBA career at all, but we have hundreds of examples of ways it has helped prospect’s draft stocks, specifically, when they’ve played well in the tournament (Tyus, Dekker, Hield, Patrick O’Bryant, Denzel Valentine, Jarrett Culver, etc. off the top).

It’s an opportunity that Moody should love to capitalize on because GM’s are dumb and will talk themselves into good performances.

Derrick Williams effect

Donte Divicenzo used to look like one of those guys who just got hot in the tourney but he's an NBA starter despite not being a lottery selection.

Clearly I’m not ****ting on him if you read what I said, I’m saying the tournament is big for draft stock improvement not toward an NBA career. Sure I said he wasn’t shooting well those 2 games, that was the numbers, so what.

Back
Top Bottom