2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I've always thought that about Supreme. All their stuff looks bland or devoid of creativity that has their brand label attached to them, but it causes a massive flock of people to fiend for their crap.
That is not true but okay lol

I know we're all salty about the Ls but let's not sit here and make up lies to feel better. Let's just move on.

I like the classic-ish Supreme stuff. I remember when they were just a simple skate shop. And I'm into the whole Gonz/FA/Hockey vibe that their team has. I tried for the shoes, but don't really care that I missed.

If I miss on the *Carpets*, however....

2021 and dude still feel the need to regurgitate the same cookie cutter criticism about supreme :rofl: :rofl: I like a lot of their stuff, I dislike a lot of their stuff. They make so many different products between clothes, accessories, collabs, stuff with huge logos, stuff with barely any logos. Impossible to cast a generalization about their products. "If there was no logo..." like we're not all here shoving **** with emblazoned jumpman and swoosh logos down our throats every day. Y'all worship a different logo and try to clown on others who do the same :lol:

And if it wasn't for Supreme, Nike SB would probably not have developed into what it became. Likewise for Nike SB's benefit for Supreme.
facts is facts. cookie cutter or not. u must be one of the supreme slobbers/fan boys. enjoy. also, jordans retros were original designs and were very creative. so much so that they single handedly changed the entire athletic footwear industry. so much so that 30+ years later millions of ppl are still buying. supreme on the other hand was NEVER creative or original so your "argument" is invalid. like what u like. supreme is straight uninspired garbage, but do you. and that's a difference bewteen us... i don't worship a logo, but you just stated you do. so there's that.
😂🤣

Last edited:
these supremes are absolute garbage and literally no one would want these pieces of **** if the name supreme wasn't attached. 😂🤣
As someone who’s been into SBs since the beginning, I gotta disagree. Sure, there’s a large swath of people that only like them because of the whole hyped culture that is Supreme, but the original two Supreme x SB collabs (2002 Low Elephant pairs and 2003 High Croc pairs that this new release is based on) are huge parts of the history of the SB line. A remix, or a low or high version of a SUPER HISTORICAL/CLASSIC SB would always be sought after by SB fans.

That is not true but okay lol

I know we're all salty about the Ls but let's not sit here and make up lies to feel better. Let's just move on.

I don't need to fabricate things to make myself feel better.

That's on you if you put in time and work to strike out on today's release if you really like their brand. But it's not for me, so I have no reason to make up lies.

I just stick with what I like and don't follow the crowd. Perhaps you do, and that's fine because it's your choice.

As someone who’s been into SBs since the beginning, I gotta disagree. Sure, there’s a large swath of people that only like them because of the whole hyped culture that is Supreme, but the original two Supreme x SB collabs (2002 Low Elephant pairs and 2003 High Croc pairs that this new release is based on) are huge parts of the history of the SB line. A remix, or a low or high version of a SUPER HISTORICAL/CLASSIC SB would always be sought after by SB fans.
the 1st supremes are also mediocre at best, but they started the supreme/nike hype so i get why they are heralded. those get a pass. everything after...
🚮

The summary of today's release unfortunately.

Although I'm sticking with my stance with not liking Supreme, it was nice to see some peeps on here successfully checkout online albeit a small percentile. Hopefully it was true fans who got them and not resellers as I prefer. Nice to see people beat bots and traffic at least. 😎

facts is facts. cookie cutter or not. u must be one of the supreme slobbers/fan boys. enjoy. also, jordans retros were original designs and were very creative. so much so that they single handedly changed the entire athletic footwear industry. so much so that 30+ years later millions of ppl are still buying. supreme on the other hand was NEVER creative or original so your "argument" is invalid. like what u like. supreme is straight uninspired garbage, but do you. and that's a difference bewteen us... i don't worship a logo, but you just stated you do. so there's that.
😂🤣
Supreme changed the landscape of consumerism surrounding skateboarding and streetwear. They ushered in the modern era of streetwear as we know it. 25+ years later and millions of people are buying it. They in fact did release an original design in collaboration with Nike SB, the Zoom Supreme 94 (it's actually pretty ugly, they do better reinterpreting what exists).They've commissioned the works of countless artists like Kaws, Mark Gonzales, Daniel Johnston, Damien Hurst, Adres Serrano, The Velvet Underground, Keith Haring, The Clash/Joe Strummer, Prodigy, Capone N Noreaga, etc. etc. Their original designs come in the forms of skateboard decks and apparel. Obviously they've done plenty of ripping off as well since that's their logo. But your ignorance is clearly showing no bounds because you don't seem to know anything about the brand and the pieces they've put out. And yes, the Jordan Brand legacy also extends into Supreme given the influence from the Jordan 3's influence on the dunks.

As far as "supreme slobber/fan boy" I dunno, you tell me. I grew up in NYC so yeah I wear mostly NY brands like Supreme, Only NY, Engineered Garments. I have like four supreme tees and two hoodies. How many pairs of jordan's you got? You be slobbering up good on MJ?

I wouldn’t say all their stuff

they’re just very hit or miss

That's cool if they have some stuff you like.

Absolute miss for me because I'm more into originals. I'm a purist at heart, so that's why I like a boatload of original color retro Jordans.

But I think we can at least agree that it's a high probability with miss on the Supreme online releases. 😆

The shade that got thrown on the original Supreme High top pairs sounded exactly like the shade that the lows are getting today...

~Gold stars and fake croc print~ ffs it seems like just yesterday 😂...

The shade that got thrown on the original Supreme High top pairs sounded exactly like the shade that the lows are getting today...

~Gold stars and fake croc print~ ffs it seems like just yesterday 😂...
Yeah werd. Faux croc and stars were tacky back then and tacky now. I never liked the OG highs. Most supreme nikes are wack especially in comparison to OG dunks and OG blazers.

the 1st supremes are also mediocre at best, but they started the supreme/nike hype so i get why they are heralded. those get a pass. everything after...
🚮
IMO the first Supreme SBs, the Low Black/Cement and White/Cements, are dope. Putting the classic Jordan elephant print on an SB was dope. I personally prefer these cements to the following years Highs, but those were dope too IMO. SBs have come in some wild and weird combinations, and the original Supreme Highs (and now these lows) aren’t really all that outlandish in the grand landscape of SBs. I’m personally not a big fan of Supreme’s clothing and stuff (just own 3 monotone beanies without contrasting branding or anything), but any re-creation of their first two collabs on Dunk SBs is a big deal.

Y’all want to know why I liked the original Supreme high’s?

7608DB3B-3F87-40AB-A6A1-3FDB6C746642.jpeg
8D000C5F-8043-4C15-95A6-67D80C5F50E5.jpeg
079FE806-E14B-4F8A-A541-ACA1B602B87B.jpeg

🤷‍♂️...Dope as hell when the team rolled in them...If you dig them then awesome, if not then that’s all good too...The real problem is the headache it is to buy ANY Dunk SB nowadays...

I don’t know why I even tried, after a certain point a couple years ago supreme blocked my address for no reason and won’t unblock it. I was literally only copping for personal stuff and usually only the occasional T-shirt or hat and for some reason my account got flagged and now it doesn’t matter what I do, I can never check out on that site, even if I do manage to check out I get a payment error because of whatever flag they have on me.

Good thing I already got a good amount of supreme stuff in the wardrobe from years past, so I don’t really need more. It just kind of sucks that even if I wanted to I couldn’t

Back
Top Bottom