2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Understood. Makes sense. Will keep the Supreme ones

Lol it’s that easy to sway you? Come on, man. Which one do you like more? It should be that simple.

You can sell the Supreme, buy the Chicago, and still make a profit with money leftover.

Lol it’s that easy to sway you? Come on, man. Which one do you like more? It should be that simple.
lotta people can't function without external validation

You can sell the Supreme, buy the Chicago, and still make a profit with money leftover.
or he could hold the supreme, wait until they hit 2k, THEN sell/buy and have MORE money leftover. or... OR... he sells the premes, spends everything on Dogecoin, waits for Elon Musk to tweet about it again, and then sell them for even more money. the possibilities are endless here. There is one common factor. Sell those bum *** supremes.

Goes without saying, but reselling today is just so toxic.

For me personally, I've won raffles for hyped shoes. It's easy enough to say "wear your kicks" - but I get paralyzed by resale prices. It's borderline financially irresponsible to NOT sell something like Chunky Dunks. (Which I've won for retail, and do enjoy wearing.)

But it sucks the joy out of it man, even when you win.

Goes without saying, but reselling today is just so toxic.

For me personally, I've won raffles for hyped shoes. It's easy enough to say "wear your kicks" - but I get paralyzed by resale prices. It's borderline financially irresponsible to NOT sell something like Chunky Dunks. (Which I've won for retail, and do enjoy wearing.)

But it sucks the joy out of it man, even when you win.
nothing is more anxiety inducing than walking around with a band on your feet. if theres pairs i've won for retail that i personally am really hyped about i've taken to trying not to look at the resale prices of them at all because the feeling can definitely be crippling knowing the extreme drop in value from even a single wear

Most of the money I've made off reselling goes toward funding the pairs I ACTUALLY want. Like when I copped supreme SB lows for $550 in 2018 it was because I resold a supreme x cdg hoodie for like $600. Or other far more useful things, like when I sold UNC off white 1s for $800ish and bought a nearly new macbook pro. I don't do big numbers or sit on multiples of stuff, ever. I wear everything and I only currently have one DS pair (veneers, for sale/trade :wink: ). Sometimes I sell stuff after I've had for a couple years and have gotten to wear and enjoy as much as I wanted. Price goes up after I've worn and enjoyed a pair for years? **** you, pay me!

I updated my collection pic recently:

Dumb might be the wrong word. But silly, absolutely. Only exception would be something game worn or the Mags/Paris dunks.

What’s silly about it though?

I’m trying to understand the psychology of it, I’m not coming at you.

If a cat can afford to pay resale for anything he wants, what makes that silly?

The fact that he could have used it on something you’d deem more worthy? Like game worn shoes? WUT.

nothing is more anxiety inducing than walking around with a band on your feet. if theres pairs i've won for retail that i personally am really hyped about i've taken to trying not to look at the resale prices of them at all because the feeling can definitely be crippling knowing the extreme drop in value from even a single wear

Man it’s not just that, knowing that other people know how much they cost is a good reason. I grew up in the “what sz are those” era and that’s before reselling StockX and insane values for shoes. I’ve never had shoes taken off my feet but I definitely remember the robbing era in NY. Flexing is cool till the streets get hungry. Pairs like chunky dunkys dooms travs satin 1s frags off white 1s would all be sold. I used to double up a lot on Jordan’s and picked up 4 pairs of WC4s. I thought about pulling out a fresh pair and checked resale on them First then decided to restore my pair first lol.

I’ve paid below retail for some, straight retail for some, and over retail for some. It doesn’t matter to me what people pay for their shoes. Whatever makes people happy. The ONLY thing that bothers me is celebs and similar people that spend crazy amounts on their collections, and at the same time brag about how cold their collections are. Like no sht you have a crazy collection, you spend all of your hundreds of thousands of dollars on kicks. My collection, which I personally think is pretty decent, spanning over 20 years, would be even crazier if I had THAT kind of expendable income to throw at shoes. Not knocking, do you, but don’t come at people like “kiss the collection’s ring.”

But if someone here buys all their kicks via resell, more power to them. Someone only pays retail, more power to them. Someone pays a combination of both, more power to them. Doesn’t cost me anything, and I couldn’t care less.

I love the usage of the word “trade” around here. “I sold em on StockX, then bought them on StockX, so technically it’s retail with a few dollars on top, aka it was a trade.” 🤣

Sorry to hear that.
lol its by no means dire, and i'm definitely living comfortably. but with a mortgage and kid comin there are better places some of this money could go. i don't really wear **** to flex how much it costs, if i like the style i'll rock it. but i will still hesitate with some of my higher priced pairs. in the past i would have had no problem copping any **** i want, and just beating the **** out of it. but i don't consider my income as disposable as it once was, so i'm trying to stick to retail only. or like vinnuendo vinnuendo said, work a trade or sell to buy

What’s silly about it though?

I’m trying to understand the psychology of it, I’m not coming at you.

If a cat can afford to pay resale for anything he wants, what makes that silly?

The fact that he could have used it on something you’d deem more worthy? Like game worn shoes? WUT.
To me dropping that kind of money on a pair of shoes is just feeding the beast. It certainly doesn’t bother me nor do I even care what people do with their own money. I just want no part of it.

What j mobile j mobile said sums it up perfectly. He is a lot more eloquent with his words than I am. Lol.

I love the usage of the word “trade” around here. “I sold em on StockX, then bought them on StockX, so technically it’s retail with a few dollars on top, aka it was a trade.” 🤣

na was a round two trade
700s plus $50 for ds coppers

and just sold off white dunks to cop neutral greys off goat had to pay $40 for tax n shipping

Back
Top Bottom