2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

More pictures of the Neckface Dunk SB Lows. The more I look at them, I don’t think the patches/designs are removable at all. We’ll see eventually, but I just get the feeling that they’re just covered with sewn on patches all over.
633A6176-FDFE-4F24-AECC-F43A87E5BA0A.jpeg
818EA5EC-4430-469C-83C6-B9E7DC4501F5.jpeg
EBEB66EA-0139-4950-A18A-9A9FB48DF745.jpeg
B3FF5F44-D921-4CB8-BE28-D050292CB96E.jpeg
D73D80D2-A164-4E24-959B-31FF06CC3A50.jpeg
1438ECF4-C7E6-4028-AEDC-DFC6478DCE0E.jpeg
671B87EC-79C4-449A-AA30-5A112852E154.jpeg
BF0CDC14-1680-4CB4-ADE9-26CBBF59B3A3.jpeg
90C8C0C3-4084-4BA0-A855-E51FC3F855A0.jpeg
108DC368-884A-4350-949A-655E4BD9C849.jpeg

If I had a dollar for every time a NT’er said something like this over the past decade, I could outbid Elon Musk and buy Twitter. This day is never going to happen my guy.
I’m not saying it’s going to go back to being like it was in the 1990’s but I absolutely think it’ll go back to being like it was before this recent SB hype. If you simply look at the resell market for SB, you’ll see it’s dropped quite a bit. A year or so ago, if you missed a drop, people were immediately trying to charge unbelievable prices. People aren’t getting that anymore. Other factors like the economy, fuel prices and food prices could come into play as well. We’ll see though.

Those Neckface dunk are very interesting. Interesting indeed.

I’m not saying it’s going to go back to being like it was in the 1990’s but I absolutely think it’ll go back to being like it was before this recent SB hype. If you simply look at the resell market for SB, you’ll see it’s dropped quite a bit. A year or so ago, if you missed a drop, people were immediately trying to charge unbelievable prices. People aren’t getting that anymore. Other factors like the economy, fuel prices and food prices could come into play as well. We’ll see though.

Those Neckface dunk are very interesting. Interesting indeed.

I was just coming in to type something similar...

Fact is, disposable income is drying up for most people and it is impacting: crypto, stocks, event tickets, sports cards, comics, and now... shoes.

I donʻt necessarily call it a "dip" but rather a market correction, especially with things like shoes/sports cards/comics. Like John00 John00 mentioned, the immediate turnaround on shoes across the board was not sustainable and caused things like "the panda" to happen where Nike knew damn well what was going on and just kept re-releasing product into the wild but on their terms. Couple that with the Zadeh inferno and now you have the resale Boiz out big $$ (who were doing this is a main or side job) and also buyers who are now second guessing the authenticity of products.

As someone who is about to turn 40, I am glad to see the market correcting itself. It wasn't long ago where $350 resale on a shoe was "mannnn I hope my wife donʻt find out about this" levels of worry. I miss those days. With that price tag also brought others genuinely helping each other out for releases as $100-200 profit vs helping a friend was a no brainer for most, where recently the dilemma became $500+ profit vs helping a friend which was a little murky.

Cliffnotes: I miss the old days of NT with jordan denim photoshops and Vick jerseys.
images

I never understood why people care if a lot of people wear the same shoe. Hell I've seen so many people wearing Chucks every day for decades. The average sneaker buyer outside of NT don't care about leather grade either. I've literally never heard it even brought up outside of this site...lol
i wear PF Flyers for that exact reason

Man those Neckface joints would have been sick if he did his design in the back of the shoe and it morphed into the swoosh on the side. Kinda like the olive vans I have with his design on the back.

I was just coming in to type something similar...

Fact is, disposable income is drying up for most people and it is impacting: crypto, stocks, event tickets, sports cards, comics, and now... shoes.

I donʻt necessarily call it a "dip" but rather a market correction, especially with things like shoes/sports cards/comics. Like John00 John00 mentioned, the immediate turnaround on shoes across the board was not sustainable and caused things like "the panda" to happen where Nike knew damn well what was going on and just kept re-releasing product into the wild but on their terms. Couple that with the Zadeh inferno and now you have the resale Boiz out big $$ (who were doing this is a main or side job) and also buyers who are now second guessing the authenticity of products.

As someone who is about to turn 40, I am glad to see the market correcting itself. It wasn't long ago where $350 resale on a shoe was "mannnn I hope my wife donʻt find out about this" levels of worry. I miss those days. With that price tag also brought others genuinely helping each other out for releases as $100-200 profit vs helping a friend was a no brainer for most, where recently the dilemma became $500+ profit vs helping a friend which was a little murky.

Cliffnotes: I miss the old days of NT with jordan denim photoshops and Vick jerseys.
images
I was thinking that the new $600 online tax for things you sell via paypal, etc. is really putting the pause into the hobby flipper I would think.

Back
Top Bottom