2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

IMG_20221223_074316.jpg

eBays just arrived, hit on lobsters at my local yesterday

Geez, this thread is filled with too many newer people (2012+) who have no clue about history. Clearly this shoe isn't about the look. It's a collectors item and Nike's way of paying homage to both Sandy and OG collectors. If you were around back then, seeing these come to life is awesome, ESPECIALLY releasing like this. I haven't bought a pair of Dunks for myself since like '06ish or so and guess what, I'm about to pay resell for these because I'm here FOR THE STORY.

If Jordan Brand ever releases Chicago 1's with that modified black strap from back when Jordan messed up his ankle, we don't need anyone saying "These are ugly " DUH! They're a collectors item! Chicago 1.5's were hideous!!! They were more or less created for COLLECTORS!

Everyone knows the story but it doesn’t change the fact that the shoe is still ugly asf. It is what it is lol

I personally only loved and grabbed 7.
The FroSkates are my favorite SB this year & also my SOTY. I love those things. The other pairs I grabbed are the Orange Lobsters, Green Apples, both the SF & NY Hufs, the first, white, Be Trues, & the Halloween Neckfaces.

I was looking forward to Chlorophylls, but they ultimately didn’t move the needle much for me so I passed. I do think the Skate Like a Girls, Crushed, and Why So Sads are all clean, but nothing I NEED so I’m good.

Black and white orange label retros (?) are nice, have those same out?

Didn’t even realize passport dunks are from this year.

I might have to say chlorophyll, and crushed are my top 2 drops of the year. Overall solid year for nike sb.

:nthat:2022 LEFTRIGHT SB DUNK AWARDS:nthat:

01 Best Colorway
02 Best Quality
03 Best Design Execution
04 Best Release Execution

(Goes to overall release of both Brick & Mortar and Web)
05 Best Pack
(Goes to packs only released within year)
06 Best Storyline
07 Best Collab
08 Best High
09 Best Low
10 Underrated award
11 Overrated award
12 Impact award

(goes to shoe that is important to the history and future of Nike SB)
13 SB Dunk of the Year

-One shoe per category
-Multiple nominations welcomed (ex. Lobster wins for worst quality & best low)

Back
Top Bottom