2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

What the Fugees man, before I went to work this morning 5:00AM MST I was on page 136. I get home from work and its 5:15PM and this thread has jumped to page 1047. GEEEZ Man, this is ridiculous. I really cannot keep up, and I really don't want to go back and read 10 pages worth of bologna. Like I'll go back a few pages and if I see someone that I actually tune into in here ill probably read what they wrote, ya know!?. But got damn. I cant even do that! Now that I think about it I was gone for about 10 hours and its ten pages Later so it's like 1 point something pages an hour!

Now I've never really been to any other threads but this one. Let me rephrase that, I've never commented in other threads on this site but this one. Now My question is, Are the other threads on NIKETALK this bad when hyped releases drop?

WORSE. look at some of the locked threads in the Jordan forum, specifically the Concords thread. People got all kinds of upset that year. Even before the shoe hit with all the Grey Market discussions.

What the Fugees man, before I went to work this morning 5:00AM MST I was on page 136. I get home from work and its 5:15PM and this thread has jumped to page 1047. GEEEZ Man, this is ridiculous. I really cannot keep up, and I really don't want to go back and read 10 pages worth of bologna. Like I'll go back a few pages and if I see someone that I actually tune into in here ill probably read what they wrote, ya know!?. But got damn. I cant even do that! Now that I think about it I was gone for about 10 hours and its ten pages Later so it's like 1 point something pages an hour!

Now I've never really been to any other threads but this one. Let me rephrase that, I've never commented in other threads on this site but this one. Now My question is, Are the other threads on NIKETALK this bad when hyped releases drop?
They're actually a lot worse 
laugh.gif
This is really tame compared to the JB section.

You can look to many of the high profile JB releases threads. However in the nike retro forum, near or at the top had to be the OG purple foam thread...The hilarity in that thread was legendary

:lol: still doesn't make sense. with that said, why would people say its low quality if the material was better? that's why I said huh?

People refer to quality like they're Wilson's on here, knowing full well that the one or two people that have any interest/experience in leather work don't post. Because it's different and because the lows came out in the "GOLDEN" age people would talk crap about the new release no matter what. Go back to the first few pages of this thread, even the guy that started this thread was always going on about the terrible things Nike was doing to us consumers. Some releases that got roasted when they came out are now being looked at as OK, even kind of good.

I know that there's examples of really great releases they did in the past that blows the hell out of what's coming out these days, but at it's core I still say that what they release for the SB line, even the GR stuff is still better than most mass produced sneakers out there.

They're actually a lot worse 
laugh.gif
This is really tame compared to the JB section.
WORSE, are you serious? So this is mellow. I went to the JB thread once I believe, just to go look around. I don't think anything major was releasing I just went to check it out... All I can say is I'm never going back there. NEVER!

:lol: still doesn't make sense. with that said, why would people say its low quality if the material was better? that's why I said huh?

So 2011 black cement 3s are better quality than 2001s because the elephant print is deeper and thicker? Something being different doesn't automatically make it worse. I'm just saying can we give the bad quality stuff a rest until people actually get the shoes in hand?

So 2011 black cement 3s are better quality than 2001s because the elephant print is deeper and thicker? Something being different doesn't automatically make it worse. I'm just saying can we give the bad quality stuff a rest until people actually get the shoes in hand?

^this. At the same time I've seen the CDP 3 go from being a poop smeared release to people calling it :nthat: and claiming it always was a better release once the 2011 came out. As a group people in this hobby tend to build up the older versions as some slice of greatness that you missed out on if you're unwilling to pay the current market prices. We need to collectively get over the BS, it's all mass marketed disposable pieces of leather and plastic, and it does us no good to feti****e it.

People refer to quality like they're Wilson's on here, knowing full well that the one or two people that have any interest/experience in leather work don't post. Because it's different and because the lows came out in the "GOLDEN" age people would talk crap about the new release no matter what. Go back to the first few pages of this thread, even the guy that started this thread was always going on about the terrible things Nike was doing to us consumers. Some releases that got roasted when they came out are now being looked at as OK, even kind of good.

I know that there's examples of really great releases they did in the past that blows the hell out of what's coming out these days, but at it's core I still say that what they release for the SB line, even the GR stuff is still better than most mass produced sneakers out there.

I guess what you are saying refers to others who didn't cop or weren't around a decade ago. I don't care about when a shoe dropped. All that matters is the quality of the shoe. Kicks like the seahawks hi's, nontourage, passport pack I went hard for as much as carhartt pack, ostrich lows, tweeds, fog hi's, and bttys pack and they dropped the past couple years, well after the time you're describing as the "Golden Age". Crap is crap and back then when it dropped, such as ghosts, I called it as such and passed.

I used golden age in quotes, because I'm of the belief that there's been solid releases through the entire run of SBs. There's a bit more crap since they started releasing more than a pair per month, but overall I still think that the brand holds its own very well. Hell I still like regular dunks a lot, and have been pretty impressed with the retro releases that riff on AF1s from the early 2000s and the viotech lows from last year.

So 2011 black cement 3s are better quality than 2001s because the elephant print is deeper and thicker? Something being different doesn't automatically make it worse.

being different is one thing, being made with a higher/lesser quality of material is another. Add the weak looking leather with large numbers rumored to be produced and to conclude the use of lesser materials is plain as day. But I'll leave it alone

I used golden age in quotes, because I'm of the belief that there's been solid releases through the entire run of SBs. There's a bit more crap since they started releasing more than a pair per month, but overall I still think that the brand holds its own very well.

I feel the same way.

Last edited:
I wonder if  i crush my ankles in to pieces trying to kick flip will 561 still sell me pair  

man 561 can suck it. they pulling some prime tom foolery knowing that folks in the hood can't skate. they just want the shoes. if they wanna be hypes let em.

those St Johns look nice but not sure how I feel about the print; it looks like a pool rippling in the sun light

laugh.gif
still doesn't make sense. with that said, why would people say its low quality if the material was better? that's why I said huh?
Son what you're saying doesn't apply in this case. You could clearly see and feel the the EP on both of those shoes. On these there's croc print but the print is barely there on the highs. In some places it's damn near smooth. How does that not make the print on the highs worse than the print on the originals? I don't need to have a pair in hand to know what my eyes can just as easily tell me from multiple pictures.

the prices on the Tiff pre-orders are dropping drastically; those big time sellers on eBay know the deal

These aren't gonna be as hard as you think

Back
Top Bottom