2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Those looking to drive from Orlando to tampa..

Turn around..

Already a bunch of heads lined up lol

they're not limited, and if you've been in this thread long enough before it started blowing up you would realize these are a GR but the ridiculous amount of hype surrounding the shoe and the amount of people going for these vs. any other SB release is making it out to be limited

Lurkers Be Lurking.
laugh.gif

Two days until this over hyped shoe is released and two weeks until people are over them...bring on the S.O.M.P.s! Is there a rumored release date yet? Needa see some details of that safari print'

Imagine if you went into some of these shops and asked them to act like real store and actually have good customer service. A lot of these small shops act douche because when they get something that's in high demand. If they treated their consumers with more respect, they may get more repeat business. 

they're not limited, and if you've been in this thread long enough before it started blowing up you would realize these are a GR but the ridiculous amount of hype surrounding the shoe and the amount of people going for these vs. any other SB release is making it out to be limited

I understand this conversation has been going on for pages...

But SBs rarely ever generate hype in comparison to Nike Basketball and Jordan Brand products.

30k isn't even close to a gr in terms of hyped shoes (which we all the know the diamonds are). The toro 4s were said by some pretty reliable ppl to have moved over 350k pairs.

Those shoes didn't have crazy resell value, partly because there were so many, but that thread wasn't nearly as congested as this one and there were still ppl who struck out on RD.

For reference the DB V's were said to have released 25k pairs.

I understand this conversation has been going on for pages...

But SBs rarely ever generate hype in comparison to Nike Basketball and Jordan Brand products.

30k isn't even close to a gr in terms of hyped shoes (which we all the know the diamonds are). The toro 4s were said by some pretty reliable ppl to have moved over 350k pairs.

Those shoes didn't have crazy resell value, partly because there were so many, but that thread wasn't nearly as congested as this one and there were still ppl who struck out on RD.

For reference the DB V's were said to have released 25k pairs.
The one difference between these and most Jordan releases is that most people still don't know where to get SBs at. That's the truth. I bet a lot of people are going to Foot Lockers asking if they're getting the Tiffany Dunks

Imagine if you went into some of these shops and asked them to act like real store and actually have good customer service. A lot of these small shops act douche because when they get something that's in high demand. If they treated their consumers with more respect, they may get more repeat business. 

True.

I have a hard time rationalizing a business acting like douchebags because outside of 4 shoes a year they can't move their products at full price.

At some point they need to be communicating with Nike about creating more buzz worthy/limited products to generate a larger interest in the boring GR junk they put out all year long.

Looking at the 2014 GRs, it doesn't look like it will get any easier on these small shops that have to push those products.

The one difference between these and most Jordan releases is that most people still don't know where to get SBs at. That's the truth. I bet a lot of people are going to Foot Lockers asking if they're getting the Tiffany Dunks

That may be the best point made in this debate.

For that reason alone, I wouldn't be surprised if a few small shops in the middle of nowhere are doing phone orders with decent sizes come Monday.

But as far as online inventory...it's a wrap.

And I don't expect the people in large sneaker markets to have it easy either.

That shop telling people they can skate away or pay a different price is asking for a lawsuit

All it takes is one person with a lot of time on their hands

Last edited:
I don't think that skate shops necessarily want to have hyped releases year round. They're acting like A holes right now because their normally routine world is being disrupted by an influx of temporary customers that doesn't give a damn about skating. I know at my local during normal work hours the guys that run the shop tend to lock it up for extended portions of the day so they can go out into the street and skateboard, they'll go back to the store when a customer shows up, but running the skate shop was more about having access to what they needed to keep their boards rolling smoothly and not about having hundreds of kids lined up over night.

Im 100% shocked that no one is camping at Mia Skate shop yet. People here in Miami camp 2 weeks for GRs.

This ones for you Miami. 

Back
Top Bottom