2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

In older dunks I wore sz10 and they were a perfect fit. I have wide feet. The heel cushioning was a lot better on previous dunks.

The new ones (after gold box) have less heel cushioning on the inside so sz10 there is some heel slippage. I haven't tried sz9.5 in recent dunks yet in person since I've only bought online.

After using an insole on top of the airzoom insole, it seems to fit better in terms of slippage but a little less room in the shoe overall. Haven't unDS any of the new dunks yet so I'm not sure how they will feel after a few hours. Hopefully weather will be nice soon for me to try.

^^What is the cause for the dunk sizing inconsistencies? Material usage? I mean they all have the same base right?

I know I've read to expect sizing differences between heights as well low/mid/high due to cushioning.

From experience there is a huge difference between a 13 and a 14 for highs. I think I truly need a 13.5 but go with 13 because 14 had too much room and felt like clown shoes.

Last edited:
I think its the cushioning (amount of stuffing) used in the tongue and around the back heel on the inside. That's the difference I noticed with the dunk lows at least in Black/purple box VS Teal box
First time I tired on a pair of highs (teal box) the 10 worked perfectly because the heel cushioning. Its a lot more pillow feeling.

I would find some pics but I need to finish something before going to work. lol

I'm 9.5 in AM90 Lunars, but Sz 10 in regular AM90s.
I have wide feet.

If that helps anyone...

Last edited:

That's my main problem as I have wide a** feet as well and it depends on how thick the inside of the shoe is where the toebox is stitched to the upper as to how tight they are, for example my snake eyes are really thick in that area so I wore them a lot just around the house for a couple of weeks and they feel better than some some of my dunks with thinner material at this point.
Yeah but even inside I'm in 'pain' after an hour lol. And I don't see myself walking around the house, I just want to sit and relax.

I blaim J's for messing up my feet.
alien.gif

In older dunks I wore sz10 and they were a perfect fit. I have wide feet. The heel cushioning was a lot better on previous dunks.

The new ones (after gold box) have less heel cushioning on the inside so sz10 there is some heel slippage. I haven't tried sz9.5 in recent dunks yet in person since I've only bought online.

After using an insole on top of the airzoom insole, it seems to fit better in terms of slippage but a little less room in the shoe overall. Haven't unDS any of the new dunks yet so I'm not sure how they will feel after a few hours. Hopefully weather will be nice soon for me to try.
Nike gotta stop f'in with the materials. Remaster these things instead of dem Jordans!

Edit; KEEP AN STANDARD FOR YOUR QUALITY.

Last edited:
Yeah but even inside I'm in 'pain' after an hour lol. And I don't see myself walking around the house, I just want to sit and relax.
I blaim J's for messing up my feet.0]
Nike gotta stop f'in with the materials. Remaster these things instead of dem Jordans!
Edit; KEEP AN STANDARD FOR YOUR QUALITY.

Quality on these is and has always been way better than Jordan's. IMO there's no need to "remaster" these just to have an excuse charge us an extra 30-40 bucks a pair. Better quality is always nice but taxing that much to spend an extra 10 on materials is bs

Even the leather on the Cali's is way better than just about every Jordan release in the past few years, except aj1sb, banned 1s etc.

Definitely way better than the tumbled leather on 3s and 5s that were GRs

And I would edit out your use of that word in your other post since it is one of the rules posted on the forums, you can get in trouble for it.

Last edited:
Quality on these is and has always been way better than Jordan's. IMO there's no need to "remaster" these just to have an excuse charge us an extra 30-40 bucks a pair. Better quality is always nice but taxing that much to spend an extra 10 on materials is bs

Even the leather on the Cali's is way better than just about every Jordan release in the past few years, except aj1sb, banned 1s etc.

Definitely way better than the tumbled leather on 3s and 5s that were GRs
Preach

I wanna sell my Cali's i blew my budget on em and i really dont feel em in person after thinking. Only issue is there still in stock in sites here and i cant return em. Dammit. Hopefully they grow on me

Nah they can cop on nike au with free postage. I'll chat to the skate shop. Theyl prob let me return if i ask nice lol. Just gotta pay shipping myself..

gatorbeltsnpattiemelts gatorbeltsnpattiemelts & @idance I remember y'all a few days ago talkin about your difficulties finding dunks in your size. Not sure if you've heard of it alresdy but check out kix4chicks.com and follow their IG page. They have heat in all different brands in youth and GS sizes only. And prices are ALWAYS very reasonable. They had the Crawfish dunks up yesterday for 140 in a few GS sizes

I know about them---yea I saw crawfish but they mainly have older Js etc. I follow them on IG, may use them to preorder the christmas 11s. Thanks for the lookout though :pimp:

I wanna sell my Cali's i blew my budget on em and i really dont feel em in person after thinking. Only issue is there still in stock in sites here and i cant return em. Dammit. Hopefully they grow on me

I kind of feel the same way but I'm just gonna stash them in my closet til I decide when I wanna wear them

I got caught up in nostalgia

So folks went from hoping to be able to cop on RD, to now wanting to return their Cali's since they're sitting on shelves?

Cool, more for those who actually like the shoe :nthat:

Last edited:
I posted this on IG... and it's way off topic.. but it's a special #WDYWT.

...we all experience loss, and i felt this was worth sharing here (Maia's story hit close to home for me). I don't know this family, but we share mutual friends.

To learn more about Maia and her journey:
IG:
HEARTOFMAIA

...The shirt can be found here (matches QS): heartofmaia.org
(there's even a shirt that matches the Beijing's).
NOTE: The purchase is considered a gift and all proceeds go towards the hospital and hospital related bills.

Thanks, Fam!

Cali's will be stashed away til the spring, I've had second thoughts on a sneaker once they arrive, but I usually purchase from spots I can return them too.

The recent hoyas come to mind, very disappointed in those.

Back
Top Bottom