2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

26, Wisconsinite. Grew up in Milwaukee but born in Michigan.

I lived a bunch of places during my time on NT (NC, OH, Nigeria, and now back to Milwaukee)

Been collecting kicks since 9th grade. My love for sneakers goes in and out but my collection is about 50% NikeSB now. I've owned literally hundreds of kicks at one time but I'm down to 80 now and I'm happy. Hoping to get down to 50 one day.
All over the place huh.

I haven't reached the place yet where I want to downsize on my kicks. Maybe when I get older (23 yrs) and I come to the conclussion the boxes take too much space in my home lol.

On the other hand, I have 60 kicks give or take and I only care to wear 10-20. I keep going back to a few of my favs.

I'm hoping to get to 365 one day so I can wear a different shoe EVER SINGLE DAY! Now that's ballin. (Overreached?)
I worked for Comcast for a while they allowed me to finish school and although I'm not a fan of the company's products I do appreciate what they did for me

Grab that stock on discount man I always kick myself for not getting that guaranteed %15 return
Are you that Nigerian Prince that keeps emailing me about 50 grand

I'm Jeremy (30) live in the bay originally from GA I'm an engineer for an oil company, kinda weird, but it's what I've wanted to do since I was a kid. Been buying myself shoes since 01 dumped most in 07-08 to buy my house... went from homeless to homeowner in 12 years so young folks anything truely is possible. I have horrible grammar but I speak numbers pretty well

And I've been with my wife for almost 15 years

Pre retool 11.5 post retool size 12
LOL Nigerian Prince. Maybe he is from Samunda (Coming to America)?!

2007-2008 was a good year for you my man. I'm glad people know what's important in life!

Kudo's on the Mrs. man.

What's pre-tool and re-tool about?

Is this an introduction round btw?

Last edited:
26, Wisconsinite. Grew up in Milwaukee but born in Michigan.

I lived a bunch of places during my time on NT (NC, OH, Nigeria, and now back to Milwaukee)

Been collecting kicks since 9th grade. My love for sneakers goes in and out but my collection is about 50% NikeSB now. I've owned literally hundreds of kicks at one time but I'm down to 80 now and I'm happy. Hoping to get down to 50 one day.
80?  i hit 30 and am trying to let go of pairs merely cause i don't wear em all!

would you guys pay $230 for takashi II ds

I never cared for taking pics of my shoes all pro like the ones I 'Like' on IG, but you guys make me want to grab that D7000!

Today's footwear include Thing 1&2.
First wear out of these. Wish the suede was buttery but I can't complain overall.

Last edited:
Loved reading all those intro posts. Figured it's as good a time as any to come out of the woodwork.

What's up, everyone. I'm 21 and going to college in Florida. I've always had a thing for sneakers, but I guess I really started getting into it and learning about the culture just a few years ago. Been a major NT lurker on and off for the past couple years, and started hitting this thread really heavy surrounding the Tiffany High release back in February. For some reason my browser seems to love page 2200 of this thread; I guess it was around then I starting popping in and reading all the new posts on a daily basis. Aside from getting the latest on Dunk releases, I found myself coming back because of how much I appreciated the sense of brotherhood you guys have here. A lot of threads can become absolute train wrecks, but as it's been said several times before, the SB community knows how to stay civil and look out for each other. I really admire that. And I guess it's taken me long enough to finally join in.

I might not be able to come up with much, but if I find any deals or early links I'll do my best to give back and help out. Thanks for reading.

Loved reading all those intro posts. Figured it's as good a time as any to come out of the woodwork.

What's up, everyone. I'm 21 and going to college in Florida. I've always had a thing for sneakers, but I guess I really started getting into it and learning about the culture just a few years ago. Been a major NT lurker on and off for the past couple years, and started hitting this thread really heavy surrounding the Tiffany High release back in February. For some reason my browser seems to love page 2200 of this thread; I guess it was around then I starting popping in and reading all the new posts on a daily basis. Aside from getting the latest on Dunk releases, I found myself coming back because of how much I appreciated the sense of brotherhood you guys have here. A lot of threads can become absolute train wrecks, but as it's been said several times before, the SB community knows how to stay civil and look out for each other. I really admire that. And I guess it's taken me long enough to finally join in.

I might not be able to come up with much, but if I find any deals or early links I'll do my best to give back and help out. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Kinda mad, when I was saving money because I needed to relocate there were several deals for the Walk of Fame Dunks DS for way under retail. Now that I want to scoop them up they´re all gone and only pairs left are 160 and up.. 

37, married with 2 kids. Lifelong Giants/Niners fan. My favorite holiday is April 20th. Worked at Foot Locker/Footaction for 4 years during my teenage years which is where I developed my shoe addic... I mean hobby. Currently employed as an Engineer for a top Biotech located in the Bay Area for the past 14 years. I don't post on NT regularly, but when I do it's usually in this thread. Mos Def best thread on NT.
is good to see alot of people here are almost my age. At least same generation. I thought you were all early 20s.

is good to see alot of people here are almost my age. At least same generation. I thought you were all early 20s.
Should I feel offended? I'm 23 lol.

JK. It's good to have some old(er) people in here who know the stuff from their younger years instead of just the young crowd who Googles the history.

Should I feel offended? I'm 23 lol.
JK. It's good to have some old(er) people in here who know the stuff from their younger years instead of just the young crowd who Googles the history.
cool. I've been in the skate scene since 1986...man that's along time.

33, two kids, Risk Management for eBay and Nike one day a week because there's nothing else to do in Salt Lake City. Been on NT since 2000. Who remembers Nike Park? Anyway, our generation is here brotha. Just not too many of us.

37 here, just got into SB's, sorry it took so long to find out about them.  Quality Assurance/ Welding Inspection, going to school to finish off my civil engineering degree.  I've been into sneakers as far back as I can remember.  I'm not married YET, but she's working on it!!!

Hello,

I'm 26, with one child and zero wife. My passion for shoes came as a kid, but coming for a low income, single parent household, in the central valley in California, I couldn't afford to spend time thinking of having cool shoes. I graduated high school in 2006 and got a job working in the footwear department at Sears (worked there for 4 years). I saw lots of shoes, but nothing I liked. I didn't know this entire community excited then.

I saw a guy in 2007 wearing a pair of Jordan 5 Fire Reds (2006 version) and I fell in love with the shoes. I went to my local Footlocker, Footaction and Shiekh and couldn't find the shoes I saw the guy wearing. :frown: (I also didn't know anything about them, besides them being Jordans).

I talked to my coworker months later and I described the shoes having a small "23" on the side and he immediately said they're the Jordan 5s. I looked for them online and came across 23isback and sneakernews. I used 23isback for releases from 2007 to mid 2011. I wish I would have came across Niketalk then because I missed out on so many shoes because they would generally post Jordan GRs on 23isback. It never occurred to me to buy shoes on eBay until 2012. Although the idea came a few times, I just didn't care for it. I wanted the experience of waiting outside and buying them in person.

In 2011 I decided to transfer from my community college to Chico State. Since I had no friends there, I would have a lot of free time when I wouldn't have busy weeks at school. My collection grew a lot! In the first year alone, I doubled my collection that I had since 2007 in just the first year. 

Most of my collection is Jordans, but I check this thread daily, while not really checking for Jordans. I guess it's because of this community. People here are great. Shoes are great. 

I graduated from Chico State with a degree in Electrical Engineering in May. I'm currently seeking employment in my field of study. It's funny when I interview and I'm asked what I do on my free time, or what my hobby is; they usually add, "And don't say you do engineering related things on your free time." So I start talking about shoes!

Wanted to add: My biggest pet peeves is when people call themselves "Sneakerheads." I like to refer myself as a sneaker enthusiast. Nothing wrong with "snkeakerhead." I just think it should be a given title, instead of being self proclaimed.  

Last edited:
33, two kids, Risk Management for eBay and Nike one day a week because there's nothing else to do in Salt Lake City. Been on NT since 2000. Who remembers Nike Park? Anyway, our generation is here brotha. Just not too many of us.
I definitely remember NikePark. I'm 29 btw.

Last edited:
Was thinking since there's a lot of new heads into this thread (new & old SB collectors) it would be cool to share some background about yourself.
It would pretty dope to get to know everyone that's becoming a regular in here.

Start with myself...

From Los Angeles.
Been collecting SBs since 2005.
Favorite pair that I own would be the Pusheads & Oompa Loompas.
I have roughly, maybe 20-25 pairs of SBs.

EDIT: Huge Dodgers fan as well.
I am from New York

I have been collecting Nike Sb's since 2006, I never got into another sneaker, (I'm 24)

It started because I skated back then and now its more of a nostalgic enjoyable expensive habit.

My favorite pair of SB's would be the 2012 Supreme low's, I own up to 41 pairs but I tend to sell and trade 

and fluctuate around 38 pairs. 

-Big Baseball Fan 

-Fantasy Football 

- Love my dog

and yea there's a lot more but it is boring.....

23, living in Seattle
Biochemist and lover of sports
Didn't buy shoes in college cause I was poor lol
And of course, count me in on the size 13 crowd

Last edited:
From NJ, lived in Philly for 2 years 03-05 or something like that trying to live the ultimate skater dream (Love Park). Always into kicks before than, but living in a city, I was able to easily obtain kicks that I was into af1, am1's, vandel's, and blazers. I'm gonna be 32 Next month 1st SB I had was the lodens. Bought those as a consolation prize, as I wasnt able to get wheats or flashes. I'm now into asics heavy thanks to NT.
laugh.gif

1 daughter, 1 wife
nerd.gif
Back in NJ working at the VA in logistics.

Knickstape, and been trying to land another back 3 since the last time in like 09

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm 26, with one child and zero wife. My passion for shoes came as a kid, but coming for a low income, single parent household, in the central valley in California, I couldn't afford to spend time thinking of having cool shoes. I graduated high school in 2006 and got a job working in the footwear department at Sears (worked there for 4 years). I saw lots of shoes, but nothing I liked. I didn't know this entire community excited then.

I saw a guy in 2007 wearing a pair of Jordan 5 Fire Reds (2006 version) and I fell in love with the shoes. I went to my local Footlocker, Footaction and Shiekh and couldn't find the shoes I saw the guy wearing. :frown: (I also didn't know anything about them, besides them being Jordans).

I talked to my coworker months later and I described the shoes having a small "23" on the side and he immediately said they're the Jordan 5s. I looked for them online and came across 23isback and sneakernews. I used 23isback for releases from 2007 to mid 2011. I wish I would have came across Niketalk then because I missed out on so many shoes because they would generally post Jordan GRs on 23isback. It never occurred to me to buy shoes on eBay until 2012. Although the idea came a few times, I just didn't care for it. I wanted the experience of waiting outside and buying them in person.

In 2011 I decided to transfer from my community college to Chico State. Since I had no friends there, I would have a lot of free time when I wouldn't have busy weeks at school. My collection grew a lot! In the first year alone, I doubled my collection that I had since 2007 in just the first year. 

Most of my collection is Jordans, but I check this thread daily, while not really checking for Jordans. I guess it's because of this community. People here are great. Shoes are great. 

I graduated from Chico State with a degree in Electrical Engineering in May. I'm currently seeking employment in my field of study. It's funny when I interview and I'm asked what I do on my free time, or what my hobby is; they usually add, "And don't say you do engineering related things on your free time." So I start talking about shoes!

Wanted to add: My biggest pet peeves is when people call themselves "Sneakerheads." I like to refer myself as a sneaker enthusiast. Nothing wrong with "snkeakerhead." I just think it should be a given title, instead of being self proclaimed.  

Haven't been in the thread for awhile now because of school but I'm currently in at the university of maryland as a junior for electrical engineering not to derail the thread but how was the major for you? I'm working my butt off and haven't had too much time to get into shoes lately

JimAsDwight JimAsDwight I'm doing biomedical engineering at University of Florida in my sophomore year and im really busy with school and all that but I make time for my hobbies just so it's a break from all the brain work.

Everyone needs a break sometimes

Back
Top Bottom